The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old May 12, 2010, 05:25 AM   #1
ajgranda

IWB Hoster for G30sf

Hi,

Looking for some recommendations, with comfort, conceal-ability and quick draw/re holster for warmer weather in NY with minimal wait times. Currently thinking of Tuckers Silent Thunder and the MTAC or Ctac.

Any other suggestions or opinions on these?

Thanks
Old May 12, 2010, 12:13 PM   #2
swinokur

I have a Crossbreed Supertuck for my g30. it works.
Old May 12, 2010, 12:47 PM   #3
The Great Mahoo

I have a Dakota Defender, a tuckable IWB from K&D Leather, its hands down the most comfortable and well made holster in my collection. They've other models out now, which I am sure are just as nice, and not overly pricey. I waited a few months for my holster and belt a few years ago, but I believe they list their turn-around at about 8 weeks now. I would not hesitate about ordering from them again, and may do so soon.

That having been said, I have never heard anyone speak ill of Comp-Tac's or Crossbreed. I'm a bit familiar with Tucker, but haven't heard too much on them, personally.
Old May 12, 2010, 02:10 PM   #4
ClydeFrog

Glock 30SF IWB holsters...

I'd check these sources; www.mitchrosen.com www.Blade-tech.com www.Miltsparks.com www.Kramerleather.com www.TedBlockerholsters.com Alessi & DeSantis(websites unknown).
Mitch Rosen is highly rated. He has an express line for many popular handgun models. The Blade-tech holsters are well made too. If you want a kydex-polymer IWB design.

Clyde
Old May 12, 2010, 03:07 PM   #5
superchi

I've got a holster my friend made for me that's basically "Supertuck"-esque. Just a piece of leather backing and a kydex body attached to the front with some rivets. It's extremely comfortable under any kind of clothing. I go as far as wearing it on a belt under basketball shorts and it still stays comfortably hidden. Not sure what the wait is on Cross-Breed and Comp-Tac are but in my opinion these types of holsters are the best for comfort.

The second holster for my G30 that I wear primarily (now that I finally got it) is a Raven Concealment holster. It's not quite as comfortable as the custom "Dan-tuck" as I call it, named after my friend, but it gets the job done well. I like to carry with a light mounted so the all kydex body is naturally wider, but I've been able to also carry under basketball shorts comfortably. The plus is that it can be worn OWB or IWB just by switching belt clips. I've only worn it IWB and have been pretty comfortable with it.

My only gripes with it are that it slides around a little bit under jeans compared to the rough leather backing of my other holster. I think that can be solved with a proper belt, which I haven't gotten yet. The other is that it really can't be adjusted to cant with the standard clips. It's molded with a very slight cant already, but a little more and even the wideness of the G30 plus a light would go away under summer clothes for me. I'm going to be getting some kydex to mess with and will probably make some custom clips myself.

The wait time for Raven Concealment will probably turn you away, it took about 70 days for me to get two holsters from them. Last I heard it was taking even longer than that for later orders.

If you're feeling adventurous, you should try making a custom holster yourself. Molding kydex is fairly simple, and the materials are fairly cheap compared to a complete product sold by Raven/Cross-Breed/Comp-Tac.

Old May 24, 2010, 06:34 PM   #6
IZZY

theholsterstore.com

30+ bucks high quality.
Old June 10, 2010, 12:48 AM   #7
matrxx

a cheap $20 nylon rail holster still works perfectly for it.