Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Closed Thread

Old August 26, 2009, 12:13 AM   #1
txbirddog

Another reason to carry ALL THE TIME

The original story; http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont....329e7ca2.html

Now the update and it looks like the State of Texas will get the last laugh

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...1022b73c1.html

Young men died because they were not "suspecting" trouble. In this day and age, the BG doesn't "identify" himself so you can PREPARE yourself. You have to be ready, beforehand.

Be Safe!!
Old August 26, 2009, 02:10 AM   #2
javabum

this creature deserves what he gets for depriving these family's of loved ones.
and i couldn't agree more that carrying daily is the best remedy in insuring your safety if not improving your odds for self preservation.

i was told by my ccw instructor that if your going to sacrifice your time to go through the process of obtaining a carry permit you should carry daily.to have a permit and weapon and not carry is a waist of yours and my time.
and with that piece of information i took it to heart...as should all of those who sacrificed to obtain their permit.
Old August 26, 2009, 03:29 AM   #3
Rich Miranda

I remember that incident. All I can say is that the victims are with the Lord, and the killers must face whatever punishment is meted out. In Texas it is often death for capital murder. And, unlike many other states, Texas' death row moves at a fairly brisk pace.
Old August 26, 2009, 06:07 PM   #4
rodwhaincamo

What a horrible story! And what a real POS!
Old August 26, 2009, 06:19 PM   #5
Wildalaska

So every murder in the US is worthy of discussion regarding tactics?

WildorisitjustachancetoscreechAlaska ™
Old August 26, 2009, 10:43 PM   #6
thawntex

Quote:
So every murder in the US is worthy of discussion regarding tactics?
This murder happened several thousand miles away from your part of the US. It happened a few city blocks away from mine. My wife goes to work on the same train used by the killer. We lost two members of the local music community.

So, yes. I am taking the chance to screech about the loss of two peers. I would like to read a discussion on how these young men could've saved their lives. If protecting yourself from cold-blooded killers isn't worth talking about, what is this forum for?

-T
Old August 26, 2009, 10:50 PM   #7
Wildalaska

Quote:
This murder happened several thousand miles away from your part of the US. I
Well you want me to post every murder that happens here?

Quote:
I would like to read a discussion on how these young men could've saved their lives.
Staying away from strangers?

Quote:
So, yes. I am taking the chance to screech about the loss of two peers.
Thank you for admitting that, now hopefully a mod will close it

WildsorryforyourlosshomeybutwhatsthepointAlaska TM
Old August 26, 2009, 11:30 PM   #8
Tennessee Gentleman

I think Ken is right. After reading the newspaper reports and watching the accomplice's testimony the BG started shooting all of a sudden without warning so unless they were armed and drawn then I think they would have gone anyway. Moral of the story, be wary of rough looking strangers even though that may not sound very Christian (that was their line of work?).
Old August 26, 2009, 11:48 PM   #9
Capt. Charlie
Moderator Emeritus

It's a shame anytime an innocent person dies a violent death, and I won't berate that.

The problem is, Wild has a point, (although I'm not particularly fond of the way he put it). Hundreds, maybe thousands of violent deaths occur every day, and we can't possibly discuss all of them.

So which ones do we discuss here? And the answer to that is, those that have a lesson worthy of debate or discussion relating to tactics and/or training. (Please read the sticky, A Note Concerning Scenarios.)

Now your point is, "carry all the time". I don't think you'll find too many here that will contest that, and that doesn't leave a whole lot of room for discussion, other than "yep", or "darned right", etc., etc. Sorry, but a lot of "ditto"'s and "me too"'s don't make for worthy discussion here.

This one isn't actually a drive-by, but it's close enough to say, closed.

I train in earnest, to do the things that I pray in earnest, I'll never have to do.

--Capt. Charlie
Closed Thread