The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old April 24, 2007, 10:07 PM   #1
ifitfliesitdies

S&W 4013TSW .40sw

Is this a good gun, it fits me well and as a lefty decocker is easy tu use. what can i exspect from accuracy.
Old April 25, 2007, 03:56 AM   #2
omegapd

I have the 4053 which is a DAO version and love it. Accuracy is fine on mine. It fits the hand well and conceals pretty easily.

My only gripes are that extra magazines are expensive.
John 15:12-13

This is my command: love another as I have loved you. No one has greater love than this, that someone would lay down his life for his friends.
Old April 25, 2007, 05:31 PM   #3
1006smith

My 4013 is great. It is the older (non-TSW) 8 rounder. Good size to use on and off duty. Mine could really use a trigger job (gritty pull) but it has never been a problem so it was never done.
Old April 25, 2007, 07:23 PM   #4
SouthpawShootr

Well, S&W's dogma is that the TSW guns had improved accuracy over the non-TSW models due to tighter tolerances and changes in the design of the frame rails. Honestly, I can't tell the difference between my 5946 and my 5943TSW, although the noticable but slight differences in the DAO trigger is there (believe it or not, my 5946 has a better trigger). I have a 4013TSW (early non-rail) and the only gun I can compare it to is my 6906. I really don't notice anything better or improved. Both will give any of my other guns a run for the money accuracy-wise. These short barrel S&W autos are well known for slightly better accuracy compared with their full-sized counterparts. Only explanation I've seen is that the shorter barrels have a bit more rigidity to them and that may help with the accurac (I don't really buy this one but the accuracy difference is there). The 4013TSW is an excellent choice in my view.