The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old March 31, 2007, 03:14 PM   #1
HandC

32 rimfire and 32 pinfire

Hello Friends,

If you want to shoot with your 32 rimfire guns or with your 32 or 38 pinfire guns, just see at:

www.hc-collection.com

Best regards.
H&C
Old April 1, 2007, 01:43 AM   #2
arcticap

That's an interesting rimfire cartridge reloading kit.
Old April 16, 2007, 06:53 AM   #3
crazycrawler1

Don't speak French

This is an interesting website but it seems to be all in French.
Old April 16, 2007, 03:11 PM   #4
James K
Member In Memoriam

I have loaded pinfire rounds just that way, though I didn't have a kit. It works, but not something I want to do except as an experiment.

It looks like he reloads .32 RF using an emptied .22 RF blank. Would probably work for some guns, but for some the firing pin would not reach the .22 rim.

Jim
Old April 16, 2007, 03:58 PM   #5
Old Dragoon

The 22 Blanks are used as is as there is only powder in the blanks. I just received an original Remington 1863 pocket model that was sold as a cartridge Gun (Factory Conversion) that uses 32 RF, Either I find some of the 32 RF that Navy Arms used to import or I have to go this route, the alternative is to convert it to 32 C.F., but it is such good shape and so mechanically tight and fit, I do not want to mess it up.

It is the 3rd Model all steel frame and TG, it was sold as a Nickel/Blue Combination, The rammer is blued, the TG and trigger was blued as is the Hammer and frame screws. BBL is 90+% nickel, frame is about 60% nickel, the cylinder is about 20%, great grips, with an owners initials in them, but intact. Bore is fabulous.

Old April 16, 2007, 05:31 PM   #6
deadin

I looked into these and they are somewhat pricey. By the time you buy the tools, special cases, heel seated bullets and pay the shipping from France, you will have around $120-130 tied up in them. I don't know of a local source for the bullets, so you may need to continue ordering them from overseas.
The "blanks" are available locally from dealers that specialize in starter pistols or bird dog training aids. (These are the little short crimped blanks. Not the ones that look like a .22 Short with a paper wad in the front).
I think I figured that it would run about $.60 a round to reload after you have all the tools.
The "Navy Arms" .32 RF type cartridges are still available, but are loaded with smokeless and meant for rifles. I don't think I would subject an original pistol to these pressures. One option I thought of would to buy some of the smokeless rounds, pull the bullet, refill with BP and reseat the bullet. Don't know if this is feasible or not, but maybe an option.
Old April 16, 2007, 05:55 PM   #7
James K
Member In Memoriam

I have used the Navy Arms .32 RF cartridges in several revolvers without any problem, although I didn't do any extensive shooting, only a dozen or so rounds per gun. I have never seen any indication that they were intended only for rifles and the box says that they are "specially adapted for all arms chambered for .32 Rimfire cartridges.

Jim
Old April 16, 2007, 10:30 PM   #8
Old Dragoon

Pulling RF bullets???/My Remy Family

I'd be leary of pulling RF bullets with my Kinetic puller...liable to go BANG! think about it......

I found some of those 32 Rin Fire bullet online and will order a couple boxes of them.

BTW here's my whole Original Remy Family

Top is my Model 1889 Grade 2 12 Ga. Coach Gun,
Below that on the right is my Ainsworth Sub Inspected gunsmith conversion with a R &D 44 Rem. C.F. cylinder in it,
below that Left is my NMA Armory Conversion in 44 Rem. C.F.
below that Right is my newly Acquired Civilian Transition (OMA bbl and front site, NMA frame, matching S/N even Cylinder) NMA W/ Gunsmith or Armory added Safety notches in the rear of the cylinder.
and last is the New Model Pocket Revolver factory converted to 32 R.F.
Old May 11, 2007, 03:40 PM   #9
arcticap

ATF Ruling

My son sent a letter to the Firearms Technology Branch to obtain a determination about whether or not these Flobert cases are legally considered to be "ammunition". Since these cases are classified as ammunition under the Gun Control of 1968, it means that a Form 6 import application would need to be submitted and approved in order for a person to legally buy and import them into the U.S..

Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1000813a25%b.JPG (224.6 KB, 849 views)

Last edited by arcticap; May 12, 2007 at 10:56 AM.
Old May 11, 2007, 05:09 PM   #10
HandC

antique firearm

Thank you very much for your post, but, according to the Gun Control of 1968, what is an "antic firearm" ? Please, help me

My english is too bad. I don't understand the whole response of Mr Vasquez.
I'll post you latter. I must work and understand if the the other aspects of the response are right or not.

Best regards.
H&C
Old May 12, 2007, 03:40 AM   #11
arcticap

The inquiry wasn't about importing antique guns into the U.S., it was about whether or not these cases are considered "ammunition" under U.S. law.
Because the official says that these cases are "ammunition", they cannot be imported without an importation permit.
The importation permit application is called a Form 6 and can take time to get approval for.
The gov't. would probably grant the import permit to anybody who wants to import these cases, but they must first apply for the permit and wait for approval.
If someone with an importer's firearm's & ammunition FFL license legally imported these cases into the U.S., then they would be legal for anyone to buy without any permit.
Or else, each person in the U.S. who wants to buy them will need to get a Form 6 permit before they can be received.
Due to this legal definition, Americans need an import permit to import ammunition.

Last edited by arcticap; May 12, 2007 at 11:02 AM.
Old May 12, 2007, 10:42 AM   #12
Old Dragoon

Why would anyone import the Flobert blanks when BBcaps (22) are available here.

Dixies sell the rimfire kits.

I think I'll just convert my 32 RF to 32 CF. Easy enough to do.
Old May 12, 2007, 11:14 AM   #13
arcticap

Dixie's uses .22 rimfire blanks and are for many calibers:

http://www.dixiegunworks.com/advance...imfire&x=6&y=7

http://www.dixiegunworks.com/product...9440d3b22835fc

http://www.dixiegunworks.com/product...9440d3b22835fc