Old December 28, 1998, 12:58 PM   #1
James L

Great site, my first post.
My G32
shoots about 4 1/2" low and to the left at 25 yards even though the group
size is quite good at about 1 1/2--2". Do you know of any remedies other
than pushing the sights half way off the right side of the slide? ( Yes,
I've tried different types of ammo, a pistol perch, another person shooting
it,it's not from pulling it off with the trigger sqeeze,I'm use to a Glock trigger). Can it be accurized? A fitted match barrel? Slide work? Tapping
firmly on the left side with a big hammer? Voodoo? Any ideas would be
appreciated, I don't mind putting on low profile adjustable night sights for
fine tuning,but not for an adjustment of that size. Just had this particular
gun about 2 weeks and would hate to get rid of it.
Thanks...Stay safe......James

Old December 28, 1998, 03:55 PM   #2
Chuck

James,

Yeah, it seems that every once in a while Glock will release one with a wierd point of impact. I had a G21 that shot really high (about 5" at 25 yards). All of the other Glocks I've ever shot have been right on point of aim.

I would try calling Novak's. They make low profile "drop in" sights for the Glocks. Describe the situation to them and they might be able to come up with a solution.
Old December 28, 1998, 04:41 PM   #3
Morgan

Screw that - call Glock and make them fix the damn thing!
Old December 28, 1998, 06:35 PM   #4
Walt Welch

JamesL; many people are confused about accuracy vs. precision. This is compounded in the shooting world when one speaks of 'accurizing' a firearm. You are actually making it more precise.

Since your pistol shoots such good (1-1/2") groups at 25 yards, it is very precise. Each bullet lands fairly near the other.

You need to simply make it more accurate, that is shoot closer to point of aim. Drifting the rear sight to the right will accomplish this. You may well be surprised at how little you have to move the sight.

The vertical part is a problem. It is usually approached by shooting lighter faster bullets, which will print lower, or shooting heavier slower bullets, which will print higher. Neither approach may work in your situation. Another approach is to remove material from the front sight to make the gun shoot higher.

Of course, adjustable sights are the best approach, but I feel you wish to stay with nonadjustable ones. If this is not the case, then put adjustable sights on.

And as the above poster noted, you can always send it back to Glock for adjustment.

Hope this helps, Walt
Old December 29, 1998, 01:15 AM   #5
Rob Pincus

I think the "return to Glock" would be the best bet. In fact, if you can get the dealer that sold you the gun to trade you another G32, let him take care of it. (Of course, you might have to pay another "instant Check fee" (I would here in TN...).
Old December 29, 1998, 03:58 PM   #6
Mark King

I have a Glock 23 that shot a bit to the left. I drifted the sights to the right slightly and the problem was solved. I've seen this happen with numerous Glock pistols and have encountered many whos owners have had to drift the sights to the right. Glock makes several heights on their fixed sights, I'd send the pistol to Glock and have them correct the problem and make it shoot to point of aim.
Old February 17, 2005, 10:04 AM   #7
Harry Bonar

re-Glock

Dear Shooter:
This is just a thought. Most right-handed shooters will "pull", "flinch" low and to the left. However, like the other gentlemen said, you will be suprised to see how little the sight needs to be moved to correct this; also, it appears that if you are pulling off you have a very consistent pull!
I'd try moving the sight as suggested and then concentrate on trigger pull - I have NO experience with Glocks, although I use a 10MM Model 20 Glock. Harry B.
Old February 17, 2005, 02:29 PM   #8
Dave Sample

Send it back ! I don't have any experience with them either. I don't allow them in the yard, Harry.
Old February 17, 2005, 02:56 PM   #9
Bill Z

Quote:
I have NO experience with Glocks, although I use a 10MM Model 20 Glock. Harry B.
Whatcha' use it for Harry, a paperweight?

James,

Have you let someone else shoot it yet? If it's your first Glock and you are not used to that trigger, there could be a copmpounding factor. It seems like it's repeatable enough, in other words it keeps putting them in the same place. Verify that it does it with another shooter too and send it back to Glock with a target if it does. I'm sure they will be happy to take care of it. I wouldn't spend a great deal of money on it to correct a problem that big when it is something I'm sure they woild take care of.

Bill
Old February 17, 2005, 03:53 PM   #10
cntryboy1289

question for Rob

Who charges you to do the instant check. It is free in most places.

As to the Glock, I would send it back to the them if you don't know how to drift the sight over. Much better to have the factory correct the POI problem than to have them fix a broken sight or worse yet, a messed up frame. You already know it shoots well. As far as having someone else shoot the gun for you, don't waste your time with this unlees he is the smith you want to work on it. Everyones POI will be different and a smith has to have you shoot the gun and then he will shoot it and move the sights according to the difference between the two of you. Also, I would have someone watch you shoot. Could it be that you are limp wristing the gun. By this I mean you may not be holding the pistol with the wrist locked in allowing the gun to recoil differently and throw the POI off. It does happen to a lot of folks and is easily corrected by the proper grip. Some guns won't shoot very well at all when shot like this and some even will malfunction. You have a good group, so what ever the problem is, it should be an easy fix. Good luck with it.