The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old December 31, 2020, 11:33 AM   #1
Glockcarry007

Best Glock 19 gear

Just bought a Glock 19 awhile a few months ago and want to add a light laser combo. I was thinking something by HiLight or Olight, whats everyone's thoughts?
Old December 31, 2020, 01:25 PM   #2
Nathan

Welcome to the forum.

Well Olight would be the preferred brand of the 2.

Streamlight and Surefire are kind of the standards.
Old December 31, 2020, 06:42 PM   #3
Shadow9mm

Neither

I looked at the Hilight, looked sketchy to me

Have had a couple Olights, IMHO they are EDC lights only, and not something I would trust my life to, or that should be on a defensive weapon.

I bought an Odin for a rifle. Screws were soft, snapped off. Charging time was way longer than listed. light was loosed in the mount. returned.

Just got my son a SR2 Baton II for Christmas. good little EDC light for him. Would not charge. The light on the magnetic charger was just flickering when it was supposed to be steady red. Tried it several times laid it down several different ways. Contacted olight, still waiting for a response. Thankfully I have a 18650 charger and was able to top the battery off or it would be non functional.

First off, for a defensive light I recommend something without rechargeable batteries. rechargeable batteries have a couple issues, mainly they do not perform well in the cold (compared to lithium) and they can lose charge over time, typically a few months, unless you keep them charged.

In contrast lithium batteries are typically good for 10yrs from date of manufacture and work well in the cold.

As far as brand, I would go with streamlight, they are generally durable and reliable and a reasonable price for what they are. Surefire is great if you are carrying a light every day and are Law enforcement or military, but even surefire can fail, and IMHO is it not worth the premium price.

Congrats on the 19!