The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old January 30, 2001, 09:20 PM   #1
Alex Johnson

Just thought I'd let you guys know my Thunderwear arrived today. I bought it on E-Bay for $15 under cost brand new. It feels great with either my Kimber Ultra Carry or a Charter arms .38 snubby. The access is reasonably fast (a hell of a lot faster than I thought it would be, about 2-3 seconds). I think I'm hooked.
Old January 31, 2001, 10:56 AM   #2
Dave R

After you carry several times, let us know how comfort is.
Old January 31, 2001, 01:35 PM   #3
BobR

Let us know how it is after being seated for a while, such as the drive to,dinner at a restaurant, and the drive home. If I didn't have to sit down I could shove my DE 50 in my pants......and make all the girls swoon .
Old January 31, 2001, 10:06 PM   #4
AAChang

At least we know you'll impress your date at dinner BobR, watch out with thunderwear though, wouldn't want to cause any damage to Capt winkie and his two nutty buddies
Old February 1, 2001, 10:58 AM   #5
Jeff, CA

BobR - just make sure you shove it down the front.

Old February 3, 2001, 11:14 AM   #6
Alex Johnson

Just completed a full week of wearing my Thunderwear. Truth is it has been a hell of a week. Yesterday I went too the office, wearing my thunderwear under a pair of Khakis. To make the story short the corporation decided to layoff over 25% of the employees with no prior notice. This is the first time that I have seen the effects of a layoff up close and personal, (it is more than enough incentive to make me get my PhD and teach instead of working in industry). Anyway, after a company meeting where they told everybody that some of us were going to be terminated that afternoon, they let everybody go home for lunch. The rest of the afternoon things were about as tense as could be. The anger level in the factory was incredible, I have never been so relieved that I was armed in my life. Fortunately, nothing happened, but if ever I was in an instance where violence could have easly occured, that was it. Thunderwear may not be the most comfortable way of carrying a handgun, but it does allow a reasonably powerful pistol to be carried with total discretion. Frankly, I'm glad I had the option yesterday.
Old February 6, 2001, 05:14 PM   #7
lovette

I have used a Smartcarry (same as Thunderwear) for over a year now. It's great when I don't wear a jacket or vest and can't use IWB.