The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old October 5, 2010, 03:58 PM   #51
tet4

Unfortunately, Pizza Hut is known to fire several employees a year for use of a firearm in self defense. The accounts have been posted on this and other boards, so if you are so inclined, you can do some research. The guy will most likely be fired.

Now that the tide is changing WRT use of firearms for self defense, I wonder how much longer PH is going to keep this policy. At some point the public is going to become so incensed about it and cause a major boycott. I wonder if someone were to compile a thorough list of firings as a result of self defense if that would spark some outrage. Maybe this is a good project for the SAF or another small gun rights org.
Old October 5, 2010, 04:36 PM   #52
madmag

Quote:
Originally Posted by tet4
Unfortunately, Pizza Hut is known to fire several employees a year for use of a firearm in self defense.
True, but they have been very quite on this incident. I think the local opinion has had an effect. Usually they respond fairly quickly to fire an employee, but so far no action. The only public statement ( I know of) has been that they are conscious of public safety etc.

I have been checking daily, but so far no news.

PS: another influence might be that his area is gun friendly. Charlotte is on the border, so a large number from SC shop and eat in the Charlotte area. There is not one store I can think of in this area on either side of the border that has a sign restricting CCW, and believe me I know, my wife takes me to every store in a 50 mile radius.

Last edited by madmag; October 5, 2010 at 04:42 PM.
Old October 5, 2010, 04:38 PM   #53
tet4

Hopefully they are starting to see the light that this policy is costing them big time. I know I haven't bought a pizza from them in quite a few years.
Old October 5, 2010, 04:46 PM   #54
madmag

Quote:
Originally Posted by tet4
Hopefully they are starting to see the light
Could be. Another incident in Raleigh NC in January at a Domino's had a different outcome. The store (un-armed) manager was locking up at night and was beaten to death by two thugs using a baseball bat. They have recently been arrested, but it's a good contrast to the outcome of the incident I posted on.
Old October 6, 2010, 05:39 PM   #55
Glenn Dee

Slamfire... you is da MAN!!!

Awsome analysis. "Corperate behaviour if exhibited by an individual, that individual would be considered a sociopath"

WOW!!!... Now those are truely words of wisdom. If you dont mind I'll be spreading that information where, and whenever I can.

I have a buddy who's son is a major talking head (conservative type), and I'm going to pass it along to him.

Once again Slamfire... If you hear that statement on FOX... know that you started it.

Glenn D.
Old October 6, 2010, 07:22 PM   #56
madmag

I was hoping that this thread would stay open until we could post about the Pizza Hut delivery mans job status. That may not happen. So maybe I will post a new thread if Pizza Hut makes any new announcements. However, it appears that there may not be any new information forth coming.

I think Pizza Hut might just leave this stand as is....not fire the delivery guy, but not come out and say they support having armed employees.
Old October 6, 2010, 07:28 PM   #57
besafe2

As long as he's not fired that's a good thing. He most likely saved everyones life. I'd love to shake his hand.
Old October 6, 2010, 07:45 PM   #58
madmag

Quote:
Originally Posted by besafe2
As long as he's not fired that's a good thing.
Yeah, it looks like a case of a lot of news coverage helping. About every local news outlet and citizens came out in his support. It looks like Pizza Hut thinks good PR is worth a lot these days.

People that carry do eat pizza at times. This area is fairly gun friendly. There are lots of CCW's and more coming.