The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old January 20, 2008, 02:32 AM   #1
captkilowatt

Beretta 92FS Grip-screw thread size

I seem to have a caused some damage to the threads on one of the grip screw bushings in my Beretta 92FSs' frame . To remedy this I want to clean up the threads by running a tap through the damaged bushing. It would save me a little work if someone happened to know the size and pitch of the grip screw thread off-hand. Thanks.
Old January 20, 2008, 03:36 PM   #2
James K
Member In Memoriam

M3x0.5

Jim
Old January 20, 2008, 07:28 PM   #3
captkilowatt

Thanks Jim. Thats the size. Just adding a bit of exta info about Berreta grip screw bushings, I found that this damaged bushing seems to have been the result of the staking used to set the bushings into the frame at the factory. This all came to my attention when I removed the factory installed grips to find half of the threads gone on two grip screws. This is a new pistol and the grips had never been removed. I tapped the bushings through to clear the damage to the bushings with a M3-.5mm tap. Now I just have to watch screw lengths so they don't rub against the magazines and all will be well.