The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old October 14, 2005, 06:17 PM   #1
Doug.38PR

Lethel Enforcers

Anyone remember the Sega Genesis game Lethal Enforcers from around the mid 1990s? I just happened to be thumbing through some of my old video games and came across it. Relatively realistic gun game for back then...not bad for training in terms of testing your reflexes and when and when not to shoot (BG as opposed to innocent civilians) Gave you a "light" gun similar to the old Nintendo "zapper" only it was a big plastic revolver. It wasn't the sort of game where you just pointed the gun in a certain radius around the BG and he falls down, you had to actually hit him with a narrow point of light and also avoid hitting innocent civilians (unfortunatly the game wasn't advanced enough to know that bullets can shoot through car doors, wooden bank counters, etc.)
Nevertheless, it was a fun little tool for training especially in it's day.
Old October 14, 2005, 08:57 PM   #2
kozak6

I have it for my old Sega Genesis, although the arcade version is a bit better. I even have the blue lightgun. It gets very frustrating in the later stages, though, where there's too many enemies on screen, and when a particular villain cycles between being a civilian and a hostage-taker.

I really prefer Lethal Enforcers II: Gunfighters on the Sega CD, although it's not much different than the Genesis version. It looks a lot better, it's set in the Old West, and it's much less frustrating to play with the exception of the bosses.
Old October 14, 2005, 09:35 PM   #3
Doug.38PR

I hate it when you TV frame is closes over just a tad on the screen so that it makes it almost impossible to hit bad guys who pop out from the side of the screen. The pop out, you aim and pull the trigger and your gun reloads because it's not picking up the screen. And then of course the BG shoots you
Old October 15, 2005, 06:23 AM   #4
stratus

I'd like to see someone play Duck Hunt with a real gun. Oops!