The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Closed Thread

Old December 19, 2023, 03:05 PM   #51
wild cat mccane

Roni.

100% constructed to obfuscate the laws of the United States because that thing makes zero sense in the world of shooting and modifies an existing product beyond it's intended purpose.
Old December 20, 2023, 03:02 PM   #52
Shane Tuttle
Staff

Call me making a simple resolution for a complicated issue. But I'm pretty baffled by comments in the firearm community not supporting pistol braces, whether their opinion of not seeing any reason to have one or outright not covered under the 2A.

On one side piling up on the scaleplate, I'm hearing people claiming they see no need, thinks it doesn't serve a purpose, think it's idiotic to use one when there are other options/platforms, it stirs the pot and aggravates the almighty BATF and hurts our chances of advancing other gun rights, etc.

The other scaleplate is severely out-weighing that pile of excuses that I believe some individuals are either slowly being brainwashed or completely forgot what the 2A covers. NONE of it covers someone supporting a firearm, or component thereof, to be illegal for reasons stated in the prior paragraph. That should be full stop.

Somebody wants to support the BATF's final rule on pistol braces to be illegal and our courts to back it with their opinion? OK. You do you. Don't forget that's how we ended up in the mess we're in today as a whole. I find it pathetic, IMO, that people on both sides of the 2A are deciding what laws/rights should be in the books (or removed from the books) based on their own personal opinion of an issue instead of what our Constitution, BOR, and Founding Fathers have written.

Posting and YOU: http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting
Old December 20, 2023, 11:11 PM   #53
Hellcat1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane Tuttle View Post
Call me making a simple resolution for a complicated issue. But I'm pretty baffled by comments in the firearm community not supporting pistol braces, whether their opinion of not seeing any reason to have one or outright not covered under the 2A.

On one side piling up on the scaleplate, I'm hearing people claiming they see no need, thinks it doesn't serve a purpose, think it's idiotic to use one when there are other options/platforms, it stirs the pot and aggravates the almighty BATF and hurts our chances of advancing other gun rights, etc.

The other scaleplate is severely out-weighing that pile of excuses that I believe some individuals are either slowly being brainwashed or completely forgot what the 2A covers. NONE of it covers someone supporting a firearm, or component thereof, to be illegal for reasons stated in the prior paragraph. That should be full stop.

Somebody wants to support the BATF's final rule on pistol braces to be illegal and our courts to back it with their opinion? OK. You do you. Don't forget that's how we ended up in the mess we're in today as a whole. I find it pathetic, IMO, that people on both sides of the 2A are deciding what laws/rights should be in the books (or removed from the books) based on their own personal opinion of an issue instead of what our Constitution, BOR, and Founding Fathers have written.
Well said. Thank you.

Frank
Old December 20, 2023, 11:43 PM   #54
Bill DeShivs

According to MY interpretation of the 2 A, ALL firearms laws are illegal. Proving that in court may be a challenge, though.
If push came to shove, the Supreme Court would have to rule that "shall not be infringed" means exactly what it says.
That said, I took the brace off of my pistol and destroyed it.
Old December 20, 2023, 11:45 PM   #55
Bill DeShivs

And, with friends like old Wildcat, who needs enemies?
Old December 21, 2023, 05:51 AM   #56
jetinteriorguy

Quote:

Couldn’t have stated this better myself. Everyone has and is entitled to their personal opinion which is also protected by the same BOR as our supposed ‘inalienable’ rights under the 2A. Just because you have an opinion doesn’t give you the right to impose any restrictions on our basic rights. If you don’t like something, don’t do it but leave me the heck alone.
Old December 21, 2023, 06:47 AM   #57
Wag

Quote:

Yes, very well stated.

--Wag--
Old December 21, 2023, 07:57 AM   #58
Mike Irwin
Staff

OK, thanks Shane, for that statement.

I think that's a good place to close this discussion as it's clear that there are very divergent opinions on this issue and no one's going to change their views.

Everyone has been polite to this point and I want to make sure we keep it that way.

Baby Jesus cries when the fat redneck doesn't have military-grade firepower.
Closed Thread