The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old May 1, 2021, 10:11 PM   #1
gaseousclay

Gun socks

So who makes a good gun sock? I was watching a video by Hickock45 and he recommends them as a rust preventative and to keep your guns from getting dinged up in storage. Looking for a gun sock for my pistol and rifles.
Old May 2, 2021, 11:00 AM   #2
Pahoo

"Deplorables" are cheap !!!

Quote:
So who makes a good gun sock?
As you probably already know, their are a number of companies that make these socks for handguns and long guns. Most are made with synthetic materials such as nylon or polyester. I list this link, only as an example. ..

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...socks&_sacat=0

Now, as an option, I reuse nylon socks and stockings of all sizes. I shy away from Any cotton blend. I spray them down with Silicone oil and rub them together. I get most of my nylons socks from my wife. These work quite well but always get jabbed by some of my shooting buddies. ........

Be Safe !!!
Old May 2, 2021, 02:13 PM   #3
FITASC

I bought mine from both Midway USA and Cabela's; I am sure the same textile factory in NC made them both.
"I believe that people have a right to decide their own destinies; people own themselves. I also believe that, in a democracy, government exists because (and only so long as) individual citizens give it a 'temporary license to exist'—in exchange for a promise that it will behave itself. In a democracy, you own the government—it doesn't own you."- Frank Zappa
Old May 2, 2021, 03:33 PM   #4
gaseousclay

Thanks guys. I ended up by Allen gun socks from Scheels today ������
Old May 4, 2021, 08:08 PM   #5
berettaprofessor

borestore is the best. http://www.borestores.com/order_onli...=Rifle%20Cases
Old May 4, 2021, 08:20 PM   #6
THEWELSHM

Midway have some descent ones.

Thewelshm
Old May 5, 2021, 06:19 AM   #7
BCR1

I have 7 "socks" I bought many years ago at a Knoxville TN show that appear to be made of a heavy weight cloth that might be auto seat material. I never saw these type socks ever again so I suspect they were local made.

I paid $7.00 each then and I would gladly pay $10.00 for a few new ones of the same type today as my surplus collection has grown larger than my supply of cases.

Bill
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0391.jpg (98.3 KB, 21 views)
Old May 5, 2021, 11:11 AM   #8
unclenunzie

Quote:
Originally Posted by berettaprofessor View Post
When I moved to Texas I bought a borestore for every gun I had that did not already have one. They are thick, soft, and treated to prevent rust. Kept my guns ding free during transit. They are the best.