The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Harley Nolden Memorial Institute for Firearms Research

Old April 23, 2001, 12:54 PM   #1
ModIMark0

I have a coworker who owns an Erma M22 Carbine, which is a .22 caliber rifle that is a close copy of the M1 Carbine. It was imported from Germany in the late 60's (as far as I have found in a couple of old 'Guns' magazines--thanks for the help Oleg) and possibly later.
Apparently, the operating slide handle is made of aluminum, and it had broken off of the base of assembly some time ago. He would like to get a replacement, and has had no luck with Gun Parts Corp. Does anyone have suggestions as to another company or person that might have a replacement operating slide assembly? Any input is appreciated. Thanks.
Old April 23, 2001, 08:14 PM   #2
beemerb

Try http://www.gun-parts.com
It bob's gun shop in Royal, Ar.They had a lot of Erma parts a while ago and may be able to help you.
Tel-501-767-`970
Old April 25, 2001, 08:51 PM   #3
ModIMark0

Beemerb,

Thanks a lot! I have e-mailed Bob and he has the part available (as well as spare magazines, which I thought might be of interest to the guy). I just have to get the information to the coworker. I appreciate the help.

ModIMark0
Old April 25, 2001, 11:26 PM   #4
beemerb

Glad to help