The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Revolver Forum

Old December 14, 2019, 02:23 PM   #26
Tinker Pearce

I do love a good single-action, and would not feel under-armed carrying one, but for EDC my preference is a double-action or auto. Doesn't mean I don't shoot the heck out of my SAs or prefer them for hunting.
Old December 14, 2019, 03:49 PM   #27
TruthTellers

Quote:
Originally Posted by rclark View Post
That's to bad really . Most BP revolvers also have fixed sights. Yes, I've had the barrels turned when necessary, and yes, I have had to file the front sight to bring up POI. And yes, they are setup to shoot a given load. But now they shoot straight and are wonderful to shoot. Also, my Vaqueros have also had action jobs which puts the icing on the cake so to speak. Nothing wrong with fixed sights if you are willing to make 'changes' if necessary. And once set, they are 'set'. So looks good, shoots good ... what else is there? BTW, no scope or rubber grips will ever grace my SAs.... Just me though .
I make exceptions when it comes to black powder revolvers, but for a single action centerfire revolver I can't accept fixed sights.
Old December 14, 2019, 07:23 PM   #28
Hawg

Quote:
Quote:
Yes I'm aware they can be fired DA but they're not set up to be comfortably cocked SA

Several generations of target shooters managed it before the autos took over.
Maybe I should have said they weren't set up to be comfortably cocked one handed. It can be done but not with the ease of a SA.