The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old December 6, 2019, 06:22 PM   #1
MP-44

Sig P210 Standard?

The new USA production p210

Does anyone own one? How do you like it?

Will the Standard grip fit the Target model?

Last edited by MP-44; December 7, 2019 at 06:16 PM.
Old December 8, 2019, 12:32 AM   #2
rock185

I've had the USA P210A Target model for some time now. I had my doubts about an American version, but bought one just to confirm how bad it was. I was wrong. It is a precisely fitted, accurate and reliable pistol. The triggers on these average about 3 1/2#.
These guns are worth the asking price IMHO, especially the Standard model. The Standard P210A grip, made by Hogue I believe, will fit the P210A Target model.
Old December 8, 2019, 06:02 AM   #3
Brit

I met an Egyptian Police Officer in Aden, in 1965. Our ship was passing through the Suez Canal, on its way to Sydney Australia. A street vendor with a hand cart, packed with water glasses turned into the Taxi we had hired, on purpose, and dumped all the glasses into the street. I came out of the front passenger seat. The Officer spoke perfect English. He allowed our journey to proceed. I noticed he had a leather holster for his Sig 210.
He allowed me to handle his unloaded pistol! I was flabbergasted! Turned out he worked for the British Officers Club when they were there.

Had a great conversation. I gave him the standard "Be safe" We shook hands, and off we went. Our driver, who also spoke English tried to give us a free trip! Said if I had not been there, his car would have been pushed into the canal! I paid him anyhow.
British Parras were patrolling the Streets sniper risk. The one I spoke to, was from Birmingham, he continued to scan the roofs as he spoke to me. Carrying his 7.62 SLR across his arm.
We took his advice, proceeded back to the SS Oriana, owned by the Greek Chandris lines right sharp.

That was a 5-week voyage, fantastic.

Last edited by Brit; December 8, 2019 at 07:09 PM.