The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old October 30, 2021, 01:43 PM   #1
KEYBEAR

Powder for free

A friend past away three week ago and his wife ask me if i would take the powder and primers . I guess i will use most of it 3-lb. IMR 4227 and 800 X both unopened . But also a big box of open cans i have not gone over yet .
The primers are older but still in good shape (useable ) .

I will sell the reloading stuff he had he had a bunch but older things . Going to give his wife the cash if i can sell it local .

I have lost four Very good friends in the last year .
The people i shot with for most of 50 years it will not be the same i will miss them a lot .
Old October 30, 2021, 03:47 PM   #2
Chaparral

Sorry for your loss man. I find myself going to the range alone more and more over the years. But then again I enjoy the quiet time too at times. I remember going to the range usually with 3-4 of us. Then it was 2, and now its me. I had an old friend from high school (about 55 years ago) contact me last week. One of the first things he said was, "You still shooting those guns?"
Old October 30, 2021, 05:30 PM   #3
Shadow9mm

sorry to hear it. You might post here what you have once you have gone through it, tools, dies, presses, stuff you can put in the mail. I'm sure some people here would be interested and happy to get the money to her.

I'm hoping any praying one of my kids will want my stuff some day.
Old October 30, 2021, 06:12 PM   #4
KEYBEAR

Shadow9mm
My only sun is 50 years old he never took to reloading but he is real good at shooting them . I set him down one day and showed him all the parts and were they go . I showed him the Dillion XL 650 and single stage and he loaded some so he can do it . About a year ago i gave him some nice Rifles (he is a hunter) and a safe to keep them in .
I also told him one day i will not be making ammo for him anymore i think he got it .
Old October 31, 2021, 07:25 AM   #5
Mike / Tx

Seems we are all in a similar situation as time rolls on. I did similar for a friend. The equipment is pretty easy, components are harder. Just in a packaging sort of way.

I have a few canisters of long discontinued powder that is still good that I'm rooting through circa 60 Era manuals to find load for. My three young grandsons have no issues burning in up.

Like suggested, post equipment that's easily shipped in forums, bigger stuff can be face to face at your local range, another place to post. If you have a local small sporting goods or gun shop maybe a consignment. Explain the situation and a price you would ask and go from there.
Old November 26, 2021, 05:12 PM   #6
PDshooter

Do you have any reloading stuff left over ?
Shoot Shovel Shut-up!
Old December 11, 2021, 11:21 AM   #7
KEYBEAR

PDshooter

Sorry I sold the works to a young man with little to spend . He was happy to be a new reloader and has a very good start . I spent some time getting him started we built a good bench and all the stuff to start . Most tools were old but usable and not much a person with years of loading would like .
Old December 14, 2021, 07:23 AM   #8
Nathan

Thank you for getting a young Reloader up and going! They will appreciate that and I do also.