The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old November 8, 2011, 02:44 PM   #1
Roguetim79

Thompson CAL45

I recently inherited a muzzleloader from my Grandfather and cannot seem to find the model or manual on the Thompson web site. Along the side Thompson / Center Arms Rochester, New Hampshire CAL45. It looks like the Hawkin but only has a 22inch barrel. Any help would be great.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_2369.jpg (249.7 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg 100_2370.jpg (249.2 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg 100_2372.jpg (249.9 KB, 19 views)
Old November 8, 2011, 05:06 PM   #2
Pahoo

It's the TC Hawken model !!

It's an early TC Hawken model. The fact that you don't see a model name leads me to believe you have a Pre-Stamp. Some of the early models were not labled. Going to venture a good guess that this belonged to a BuckSkinner and it was the custom to cut off the muzzle of the barrel, when that part of the bore and crown were worn. This is why you are only showing one thimble when two is the custom. Check your bore as I'm sure you will see that it was well shot and perhaps cared for. Also look to see if there are any scribe marks from a patch knife. As far as loading data, just use the listed for this model. TC may not be much help to you as records were lost, in the "Big" fire. These are old friends to me. ....

Be Safe !!!

Last edited by Pahoo; November 8, 2011 at 05:15 PM.