The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old September 26, 2005, 06:45 PM   #1
User Name

Old 700 in a new game...

I've got an older model Remington 700 mountain rifle (BDL style) that has a very small hairline crack in the stock.....I mean tiny...I could prolly hunt with it for years to come...but that's just not what we do is it? I just can't resist an excuse for an upgrade (translated into man speak = "but honey, I gotta have a new stock...this one's broke.." ).
My question is...If I put a new model "detachable mag" stock on it will that make it automaticly a "DM" gun? or are there mods that need to be done.
Also when browsing the web for replacement stocks I saw some designated as M700's is that a "magnum" model number?
Thanks for any help...
"Whenever Governments mean to invade the rights and liberties of the people, they always attempt to destroy the militia, in order to raise an army upon their ruins. This was actually done by Great Britain at the commencement of the late revolution."
Rep. Elbridge Gerry of Massachusetts - 1789

GUN CONTROL....IT'S NOT A NEW IDEA......JUST A BAD ONE!
Old September 26, 2005, 08:37 PM   #2
4V50 Gary
Staff

I'm given to believe that the receiver was cut different for the DM. You might look into some other DM options like HS Precision. You may have to replace your trigger guard for it though. Contact HS Precision.
Old September 27, 2005, 01:19 PM   #3
User Name

Thanks Gary.
"Whenever Governments mean to invade the rights and liberties of the people, they always attempt to destroy the militia, in order to raise an army upon their ruins. This was actually done by Great Britain at the commencement of the late revolution."
Rep. Elbridge Gerry of Massachusetts - 1789

GUN CONTROL....IT'S NOT A NEW IDEA......JUST A BAD ONE!