The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Competition Shooting

Old May 2, 2016, 01:46 AM   #1
gunrobot

USPSA Custer May 2016 - Mental Game Achievement Unlocked

Was a fun match today. The Custer Sportsmen's Club organized a match inspired by the upcoming Area-1 stages which was really interesting. It was a very close match against a buddy of mind JohnV from TN, we were trading 5-10points throughout the entire match until the last stage which became the deciding stage. JohnV edged out a better performance to win by 6 points total. Congrats on getting $1 richer

This match was a mental match for me. I told myself to ignore everything bad and good that will happen. Leave the stage as is and move on. I was trying to get into a place where I can focus on shooting and not let anything affect me, especially worrying about my times, scores and the need to catch up to someone else.

Although I didn't win the match and was slow in some stages, I am proud to say that I've learned how to get into the zone and shut everything out. Now all I need to do is to trust that this works and shoot my best game every time. (Thanks Steve Anderson)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQYDHMxb8UI