The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old November 19, 2008, 02:37 PM   #26
66GTO

I was in the new Bass Pro shop in Spanish Fort, AL last week and found only one box of primers on the shelf. And I left them there because they were marked at $59 per 1000. Powder was available at an average of $25 per pound, although they were out of several types
Old November 19, 2008, 08:34 PM   #27
rbb50

I have not noticed prices on primers or powder going up that much around here and just got some 150 grain .311 bullets for $22 for 100 along with a pound of H380 and some Win296 powder for $20 a pound.

Noticed some boxes of 38/357 caliber 125 and 158 grain hard cast boxes of 500 for $39 but I was not looking at primers any that day either.

Last ones I got a couple of weeks ago were small pistol magnum primers but I only got 3 boxes of 100 each for $2.50 each so a brick of 1000 should be around $20

I think you guys are buying from that lady I met one time that said she buys stuff for a dollar and resells it for $3 LOL

Could be she shops at that sportsman warehouse around the corner from me here LOL

Next time I'm there I will ask them if they have seen a little old white haired lady that comes in and buys a bunch of ammo reloading stuff then leaves laughing with a cenacle laugh
Old November 19, 2008, 09:07 PM   #28
tarheelshooter

Some Walmarts do carry reloading supplies,but none around where I live.

I have seen supplies at a store in the mountains of NC,as well as one store in PA.

There is a gunshow this weekend and I will try to get some powder and primers there.Hopefully the mad rush on Saturday will leave a few crumbs for us folks that can't make it until Sunday.
Old November 19, 2008, 10:08 PM   #29
orionengnr

Quote:
Where have all the primers and brass gone?
Well, there might be a few primers living at my house. After next weekend, there will likely be a few more
Old November 20, 2008, 12:08 AM   #30
kametc

There is a gun show in Bozeman the weekend of the 14th. I have a gun to sell and one I'm looking for. I might be able to pick up some bulk .40 ammo there. I was just checking Midway again and much of the reloading supplies that were out of stock are coming back in. As much as I could tell they were going to be caught back up about the 1st of Jan.

Ken
Old November 20, 2008, 01:21 AM   #31
brmfan

Try looking in some off the beaten path sources. I just bought 2k CCI#34 (7.62) primers from a rural hardware store for $60 total! Midway USA has been out of them for a while and there is no back orders.