The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old July 26, 2017, 10:40 AM   #1
Jack_Bauer24

West Houston Firearms

Anyone have any experience with West Houston Firearms? I tried to locate their store on Google Maps but all I saw was a used car lot/insurance co. at that address.
Old July 26, 2017, 10:54 AM   #2
NoSecondBest

I googled them and they've got a website, an address, and a map with a picture of the store on the address they have listed. Not sure why you're having trouble finding them. Look very legit to me.
Old July 26, 2017, 11:49 AM   #3
Jack_Bauer24

If you click on the picture and take a closer look you will clearly see the 1439 over the door of the business but it's not West Houston Firearms.
Old July 26, 2017, 02:35 PM   #4
NoSecondBest

I googles around some more and based on the lack of info and the store front being off...I'd pass on doing business with them. Something's wrong. The owner's name is foreign and he doesn't have much history anywhere.
Old July 26, 2017, 03:24 PM   #5
Jack_Bauer24

I see he has some stuff on Gunbroker, looks to be verified and a lot of + feedback. The hole store deal is strange to me.
Old July 26, 2017, 10:35 PM   #6
dogtown tom

Quote:
Jack_Bauer24 Anyone have any experience with West Houston Firearms? I tried to locate their store on Google Maps but all I saw was a used car lot/insurance co. at that address.
Google Map my business name and you'll find a picture of my house.

Quote:
Jack_Bauer24 If you click on the picture and take a closer look you will clearly see the 1439 over the door of the business but it's not West Houston Firearms.
I don't have signage for my business either.

Quote:
NoSecondBest I googles around some more and based on the lack of info and the store front being off...I'd pass on doing business with them. Something's wrong. The owner's name is foreign and he doesn't have much history anywhere.
What makes you think the store front is off? I don't have a store front and neither do the next closest dozen FFL's near me.

And the owners name is "foreign"? Good grief.

A quick look at ATF's list of FFL's will show you that they have a valid license.

Plano, Texas...........the Gun Nut Capitol of Gun Culture, USA https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pELwCqz2JfE
Old July 26, 2017, 11:39 PM   #7
NoSecondBest

My comments were that I'd pass. Anyone is free to do as they please. To date I haven't been burned. Might be legit, might not. I'd just start looking elsewhere for the gun if I had to look that hard to find out if the place actually existed. Just too obscure for me over the net.
Old July 27, 2017, 07:21 AM   #8
FITASC

Able ammo started the same way - they were an auto glass place (still are) and started selling guns and ammo on the side - and they grew. Maybe this guy is doing the same using his car lot as his "business location" in order to satisfy some local zoning ordinance? If nothing else, give them a call - your gut instinct over the phone will tell you better than anyone here speculating.
"I believe that people have a right to decide their own destinies; people own themselves. I also believe that, in a democracy, government exists because (and only so long as) individual citizens give it a 'temporary license to exist'—in exchange for a promise that it will behave itself. In a democracy, you own the government—it doesn't own you."- Frank Zappa
Old July 27, 2017, 07:42 AM   #9
NoSecondBest

Quote:
Able ammo started the same way - they were an auto glass place (still are) and started selling guns and ammo on the side - and they grew. Maybe this guy is doing the same using his car lot as his "business location" in order to satisfy some local zoning ordinance? If nothing else, give them a call - your gut instinct over the phone will tell you better than anyone here speculating.
Pretty much my sentiments as stated before. I always talk to either the buyer or seller before a deal is made. It's a lot more personal that way.