The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old May 23, 2006, 03:06 PM   #1
buzz_knox

Source for 1100 Tactical?

After taking Master Awerbuck's Shotgun 1, I've become intrigued by the thought of an 1100 Tactical to go along with my 870P. Anyone know of a source for an 1100 Tactical with a pistol grip?
Old May 23, 2006, 03:28 PM   #2
.351winchester

There is the Wilson (11-87) K-9, would be my shotgun of choice if I had the cash, more than a Benelli even. The Speedfeed brand PG Stock felt pretty good on the 870 I tried it on (the model similar to a FAL buttstock in profile.
SGT used to build the K-9 on 1100's also, not sure if Wilson does.
Old May 23, 2006, 07:20 PM   #3
Lycanthrope

http://www.jprifles.com/
Old May 23, 2006, 08:50 PM   #4
RsqVet

https://www.vangcomp.com/Police_Specials.html

or just buy a remington police gun :

http://www.remingtonle.com/shotguns/1187.htm

And put whatever stock / other acessories you want on it --- I don't know what the prices on them are now and you will have to hunt around to find a dealer who has a relationship with a remington LE distrributor and thus can get the LE guns --- there is no problem with buying one as a civialian unless you try and buy the 14 inch one or your dealer has imagined problems, it can be problematic to find a dealer that can get them as few distributors carry the LE line as they have to carry the full line including the short barrel guns with reguires more ATF licensineg and paparework and understandably many don't want to be bothered.
Old May 23, 2006, 10:05 PM   #5
buzz_knox

Quote:
I don't know what the prices on them are now and you will have to hunt around to find a dealer who has a relationship with a remington LE distrributor and thus can get the LE guns
And finding a dealer is exactly what this thead is all about. So, anyone know a good one for this model?
Old May 23, 2006, 10:59 PM   #6
RsqVet

Buzz ---

http://www.gunsamerica.com/guns/976704778.htm

For the remmington box stock police gun, pay the man and transfer through the local dealer of your choice, if you want to buy one of the custom / semi -custom guns mentioned order and again deliver through the dealer of your choice, none of the remingotn 11-87's in the police line come with a pistol grip like some of the 870's so there is no way to get a stock remington police 11-87 with the pistol grip stock, however a pistol grip speed feed brand stock will only run you about 100 bucks from brownells and you can sell the old one on e-bay, otherwise if you want the whole package with some acessories go with one of the custom guys mentioned.

If it's a local dealer you seek I'd suggest the yellow pages and a little dialing and chatting as it may well be quicker than hoping that somone here knows folks in your neck of the woods.