The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old January 25, 2010, 10:50 PM   #1
Rusty W

Lee Classic Cast Turret & pocket swedger?

Has anyone came up with a way to use the RCBS pocket swedger with the LCCT? I'm can't figure out how the 2 go together. I'm about to weld a couple legs on a washer and call it good. I thought I'd check here to see if I'm missing something.
Old January 26, 2010, 06:38 PM   #2
flashhole

You are not missing anything. Even if you remove the plastic auto advance guide the ram is too fat to allow the decoupling device on the RCBS swager to seat the brass onto the swaging button. Same problem with the Lee Classic Cast singel stage, the ram is too fat to allow proper use of the RCBS tool.

Are you ready for civil war?
Old January 27, 2010, 10:33 PM   #3
dhhardw

How I do it

I use the Lee 4 die turret press. I bought a Lee single stage press from Midway USA for about $25 and put the RCBS Primer Pocket Swager in it. I mounted it about a foot from my turret press. When I reload, I set the case on the Swager to see if it will fit. If it does no problem. If it doesn't, I raise the ram to swage out the pocket and remove the military crimp.