The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Closed Thread

Old April 26, 2013, 11:21 PM   #1
Newton24b

television and its impact on us

heres the thing, there was a thread on the history channel programming, "chasing tail". most people who posted thought the show was stupid and bad for us.

the thing is the show actually is a good show about real hunting. yes i said real hunting. on this show the 4 guys who hunt are meat hunter. they shoot a deer, and call everybody over to help track the deer at that moment.

for some reason the "professional" hunters on your big shows have to wait 2-3 days before they start trackign the animal. and for some reason i have seen many 6 points shot at 4 in the afternoon turn into 9 points when finally found.......

but yet, on chaising tail, they have harvested a rough 3 does for every buck they harvest. thats real hunting. to qoute one member " i want meat"
Old April 26, 2013, 11:45 PM   #2
Evan Thomas

Here's the link to the thread on this show in the hunting forum. One thread per TV show is enough, pretty much.