The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Closed Thread

Old August 29, 2007, 11:35 AM   #76
Tanzer

Quote:
Either theres some sick people on this forum, or just simply retarted.
Easy beat me to it.

Quote:
if you see a dark shape, like a weapon, then fire.
Or a handbag?

Quote:
5 feet, now, like I said, if your firearm is pointed on them, and they are 5 feet away from the end of your firearm, you're perfectly fine
You must be a martial arts guru. I can tell you that you are not safe from me, unarmed, with a bum knee and arthritis in the hip, at 5 feet.

Quote:
but reason for a laser, like for reason SWAT uses lasers, is so they know what they are shooting
I can barely make sense of the grammar here, but I am not SWAT. I have only my wife as backup, and potential hostages (children). My helicopter with infra-red and sonic cannon is in the shop, and I can't find my flash-grenades. Heck, I can't even find my repelling grapple. By the way, the laser isn't to know what you're shooting, it's a targeting device. It does not illuminate anything.

This bunk leaves open the door that the libs and antis have wanted to keep open for years. One that puts the victim at a severe disadvantage.
For the record; DO NOT break into my home. Any time, or for any reason. Armed or unarmed - It's a bad idea, and it should be. I have a family and I will protect them. If you need to take medication to remind you not to break into my home, then take it. If you have a drug problem, seek help before you do something stupid like, say....BREAKING INTO MY HOME.
Like I said, check out the Castle Doctrine.
I think I made my point without name-calling.
Old August 29, 2007, 11:46 AM   #77
Capt. Charlie
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Be advised that personal attacks are not condoned on this forum.
No, they aren't, and those are so entwined in this thread that a cleanup wouldn't be possible.

Closed, for incivility.

Wanna start a new one? Have at it.... without the personal attacks.

I train in earnest, to do the things that I pray in earnest, I'll never have to do.

--Capt. Charlie
Closed Thread