The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old February 24, 2008, 04:52 PM   #1
Full-choke

Need some Scope suggestions...

I have a 6mm Remington barrel coming for my TC Encore. The entire rig is going to be Stainless with Grey Laminate stocks. The situation is that I can't find a scope to fit my needs. The primary use for this rifle will be coyote/groundhog sized game out to 500 yards.

The criteria:
1. Quality glass (Nothing cheap like BSA or Barska)
2. A good Varmint Reticle (Leupold's Varmint Reticle, Mil-Dot)
3. Target Style Adjustment Knobs
4. Stainless Steel/Silver Finish
5. Parallax Adjustment (AO or Side Adjustment)
6. Variable power between 4.5-14 to 6.5-20 range
7. 40-50 mm Objective
8. $750 or under

So, is there anything out there that meets all of these needs?

Thanks,
F-C
Old February 25, 2008, 02:06 PM   #2
surveyor

not necessarily a endorsement, as I don't have one, but what about thishttp://www.horusvision.com/hawk.php

the reticle looked interesting.. since it is First Focal Plane...

I'm in a similar situation..looking for glass myself... very similar specs as you..

prefer target turrets, and stainless..graduated reticle...
Old February 25, 2008, 08:27 PM   #3
Full-choke

I'm not going to lie, that scope looks nice, but that reticle confuses the dickens out of me. Seriously that is way too many marks that I don't need nor know how to use. Something not too complicated would be nice...

F-C
Old February 25, 2008, 08:48 PM   #4
psdan000

hmm...i had a weaver grand slam on my old varmint setup and i loved it, and it does come in a silver finish. mine had a fine crosshair dot reticle, swfa doesnt have the silver finish with that reticle but someone else may

http://www.swfa.com/pc-2265-253-weav...fle-scope.aspx

pretty slick lookin scope
Old February 25, 2008, 08:56 PM   #5
Full-choke

I have looked at the Grand Slam, I like Weaver but I just don't know about that scope. It looks so bulbous and I feel like I might as well coat my gun in a gigantic rubber grip...