The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Closed Thread

Old July 22, 2013, 07:57 AM   #51
spacecoast

I'm no intellectual, but way back when my mind was fresh I earned a couple of masters degrees. I lower myself on a regular basis - stocked another couple hundred rounds over this past weekend AAMOF. Oh, and I enjoy doing any and all home and car maintenance within my modest means.
Old July 22, 2013, 04:00 PM   #52
pete2

Professors and such shouldn't try reloading. Too smart for such stuff. They just can't do it if it requires more than pencil and paper.
Old July 22, 2013, 04:03 PM   #53
schmellba99

I tell you what - I wish I could lower myself to reloading right now.

Of course, that takes components, and since I'm an idiot and didn't stock up on certain powders, I'm in a position that I almost can't lower myself to manual labor at the reloading press. And that makes me sad.
Old July 22, 2013, 08:20 PM   #54
grumpa72

Lower myself? I like the question. I am retired Air Force, currently fly commercial airlines for a living and I continually "lower myself". A few weeks ago I shoveled 3.5 yards of manure and mulch on my wife's flower beds, changed out the oil in my car (also rotated the tires), and just finished changing brakes and rotors on my car. I still have a bit of dirt under my finger nails that will take a few days to get rid of. Hmm, I guess I lowered myself because you can't change brake pads without some sweat and lowering yourself down to the level of the brakes.

I have no time for people like the one in the OP's statement.
Old July 22, 2013, 08:49 PM   #55
DAVID NANCARROW

Fer cryin out loud, James....ya shoulda told him that it took a PhD to load ammo and only extremely sharp individuals could perform such a demanding task!
Oh, and also don't forget to tell him that his flux capacitors have to generate more than 50 Jigawatts
Old July 23, 2013, 07:14 AM   #56
wogpotter

Expert (def) "Someone who knows more & more about less & less till they know everything about nothing & nothing about anything"

Elderly Hunter: “That's dashed unsporting. Probably Belgium.”
Old July 23, 2013, 02:17 PM   #57
Brian Pfleuger
Moderator Emeritus

It was fun while it lasted but it's just slapstick now and it's been dragged down by (now deleted) invectives.
Closed Thread