The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old February 11, 2017, 09:29 AM   #1
RickCoop

Deposits from Black Bullets P/L HI-TEK coating ?

Hello all, I have just purchased an evaluation pack of 9mm 125gr. bullets from Black Bullets International and have a few questions before shooting them. Black Bullets web site says they use P/L HI-TEK coating. Has anyone used these bullets? Do they leave deposits of that coating in your barrel? If so, were you able to remove it and what did you use? My current go to load is a 124gr Xtreme copper plated under 4.2gr of Bullseye but I am looking into some alternatives to the plated bullet. Is anyone out there using the Black Bullets and could you share your experiences?
Thanks
Rick
Old February 11, 2017, 10:31 AM   #2
muncie21

I've used the BBI and Bayou bullets with the hi-tek coating, both are good to go, provided you're not using a superhot powder (TG, for example) that burns through the coating.
Old February 12, 2017, 09:31 PM   #3
RickCoop

I shot these bullets today. They went off without a hitch and left no residue what so ever.
Old February 13, 2017, 05:23 PM   #4
9miller

I've used 3.6gr of titegroup exclusively for 135gr bayou in 9mm. I'm almost at 3k rounds fired of them, through a g19, shield, p229, and a sp2022. I have not had any leading or hitek deposits.