The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old February 18, 2019, 05:35 PM   #1
chemcal

Beretta PX4 Compact Carry Info

Please supply updated experiences with this 9mm.
Old February 19, 2019, 01:24 PM   #2
JGIORD

Picked up one not too long ago. It has instantly become my favorite! I'm dying here as I sent it off to Langdon Tactical to get the slide milled for a red dot and I'm still waiting.

Fits my hand perfectly (I have small hands). Great trigger both DA/SA, good front sight with the orange Ameriglo night sights, but I'm moving everything to a red dot.

I don't have an issue with the stealth decocker as I quickly adapted to using my off hand thumb to work it. They have optional sizes on these.

Soft recoil and its the flattest shooting gun I've ever shot. I put 170 rds (150 FMJ 115gr and 20 124gr JHP) through it without any problems, then off for the milling.

Overall dimensions are smaller than a G19, albeit it is slightly thicker. Will be my EDC once it returns.
Old February 19, 2019, 01:55 PM   #3
OhioGuy

Is the trigger noticeably improved over the standard PX4? It's supposed to have a trigger job already done, I think.
Old February 19, 2019, 03:09 PM   #4
JGIORD

I can't compare as I don't have experience with the regular compact. But it does have the competition trigger in it.

I can say that the Compact Carry also has a significantly better trigger than the H&K P30.
Old February 19, 2019, 03:56 PM   #5
chemcal

can you compare the DA/SA to a P series Sig?
Old February 19, 2019, 04:17 PM   #6
JGIORD

To me the Compact Carry has a nicer trigger than the Sig P series and I've owned a bunch of them. The DA is lighter and smoother. I would say the Sig with the short reset trigger would have a shorter distance to reset. I think SA is pretty comparable, the Beretta would have a bit more travel.

Sig triggers always seemed to have a weird rebounding feel to me that I always found distracting.

Recoil on the Beretta is less and it has less muzzle flip. I also prefer the weight advantage of polymer over metal guns and I like the controls of the Beretta better.

However, I still feel that Sigs are great looking guns. They just never seemed to work for me. Although I do have a P220 that is very sweet.
Old February 20, 2019, 11:17 AM   #7
Armed_Chicagoan

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioGuy
Is the trigger noticeably improved over the standard PX4? It's supposed to have a trigger job already done, I think.
I replaced the trigger on my PX4 Compact with the Beretta competition trigger, which I believe is the same one factory installed in the Compact Carry. It is noticeably better.
Old February 24, 2019, 03:27 PM   #8
chemcal

Beretta doesn't show pull weights or travel distance for the Carry; has anyone measured these?