The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old February 19, 2011, 04:42 PM   #1
Civil War Life

CCI 500 vs CCI 550 primers

I went to my local outdoor supply store recently to get a thousand CCI 500 primers. When I got home I found I had 1000 CCI 550 primers instead. My load data for my 38 spl and 9mm call for CCI500 small pistol primers. Does it really matter what primer I use. I am using Bullseye for my 38 spl and Accurate #5 in my 9mm. I know these are small pistol, but what difference would it make to use them?

Thanks
Old February 19, 2011, 09:14 PM   #2
Shoney

Yes! You can substitute mag into standard recipes as long as you test by reducing the start load by 5% and working up slowly watching for pressure signs. Pay close attention to OAL.
I pledge allegiance to the Flag - - -, and to the Republic for which it stands….Our Forefathers were brilliant for giving us a Republic, not a democracy! Do you know the difference??? and WHY?http://www.wallbuilders.com/LIBissue...les.asp?id=111