The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: General

Old August 7, 2012, 01:06 PM   #1
CommonSense

Leupold Mark 4 Scope rings: weaver or Picatinney?

I am on the market looking at some durable tactical steel rings for a 1'' tube and came across leupold's mark 4 rings. I have a savage model 110 in .270 and just ordered a zeiss conquest 3-9x40 scope for it. I want to know if the Leupolds I'll likely be ordering soon will fit my rail. Also, what is TFL's scoop on these rings? what about TPS's TSR "W" series rings? any other rugged steel rings I may want to look at?
Old August 7, 2012, 04:37 PM   #2
Basement-Gunsmith-Z

Read This, It will explain it quite well. http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/lid=1...he_Difference_
Old August 8, 2012, 06:33 AM   #3
CommonSense

Thanks basement gunsmith, I assume (or shall assume) my savage model 110 came with a weaver rail so, I best not get any rings in picatinney anyhow. Very interesting read by the way! I learned a lot about MIL-STD.-1913 Picatinney accessory rails from that info! I also found another random post on optics planet that claimed that Leupold is switching ALL their rings over to weaver so their products will work on both rail systems...true or not? I plan to post my findings on this info...