The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old May 5, 2009, 05:49 PM   #1
fullmertron

Recommended scope for .223 CZ?

I just bought a .223 CZ 527FS and was wondering what scope I should put on it. Would like to keep it bare, but I got horrible vision....
Old May 5, 2009, 07:59 PM   #2
ATANRA

I would look at an osprey . The look nice for the money but have not got to check optics except in a crowded gun show. Used best bet at a local shop that allows return if sope is bad.
Old May 5, 2009, 08:06 PM   #3
10 Spot Terminator

We could use a little insight as to what you plan to use the rifle for,,, Target ??? Varmit ??? 100 yd. shots, 300 yd. shots ??? A price range would help quite a bit too ,,, there are literally dozens of good to better scopes that would compliment that new CZ.... 10 Spot
Old May 5, 2009, 08:12 PM   #4
sholling

It's a good rifle so I'd put a decent scope on it. If a 3-9x40 will meet your needs then I'd go with a Nikon Team Primos. It's the equal of the Nikon Monarch but instead of paying $350 for a 2-10 you'll pay $210 for the 3-9x40 from Natchez, or $220 from SWFA.

If you need more magnification than that then the minimum I'd look at a Weaver V16 4-16x42 for about $275 or so.

If money is too tight for either of those then I'd look at Weaver's V9.