The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old February 17, 2013, 09:07 PM   #1
Mococo27

Fabrique nationale magazine

I am just learning to shoot and after trying several of my husbands guns I have decided his fabrique nationale is the one I like the best. I am hoping someone could help me find a second magazine. The gun has plastic grips, all black, FN on both grips, PB on the right side of the barrel, ambidextrous safety release/ de-cocker. It is a double, single action with a 13 round magazine. I would appreciate any help someone can provide as to where I could find another magazine.
Old February 17, 2013, 10:59 PM   #2
RJay

13 round magazine/ has to be a High Power, like the 1911, there are High Power magzines galore. Try Triple K to start, Borwnell's, Midway, the list gos on and on.
Old February 17, 2013, 11:19 PM   #3
Jim Watson

Caution, Mococo.
Sorry, Ron, but a DA/SA marked PB is not a High Power.
It is most likely what is usually known as a Browning BDA .380, made for FN by Beretta.
I think it will take the same magazine as the parent Beretta Model 84.

If in the USA, Mococo, you could contact Browning Arms parts department.
Old February 17, 2013, 11:20 PM   #4
dogtown tom

Quote:
Mococo27 I am just learning to shoot and after trying several of my husbands guns I have decided his fabrique nationale is the one I like the best. I am hoping someone could help me find a second magazine. The gun has plastic grips, all black, FN on both grips, PB on the right side of the barrel, ambidextrous safety release/ de-cocker. It is a double, single action with a 13 round magazine. I would appreciate any help someone can provide as to where I could find another magazine.
Is it a .380?
If so, the "PB" is Pietro Beretta.........and the gun is a Browning BDA, in Europe its called the FN 140DA.

Any mag for the Browning BDA or Beretta 84 will work just fine. Beretta made these for FN.

Quote:
RJay .....Try Triple K to start....
Friends don't let friends use Triple K, USA or ProMag aftermarket mags.

Plano, Texas...........the Gun Nut Capitol of Gun Culture, USA https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pELwCqz2JfE
Old February 18, 2013, 09:00 PM   #5
Mococo27

Thank you

Thanks guys the information was very helpful. Yes it is a .380 and I am having a great time learning to shoot. I will check the locations you mentioned and see what I can find.

Tags
fabrique nationale , magazine