The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old December 17, 2008, 12:05 AM   #26
foxfirerodandgun

gc70: THANKS!!
Old December 18, 2008, 01:10 PM   #27
armsmaster270

That's one way I just push it down with a cleaning rod section instead of using ammo. But when your working on a bunch, ammo takes a lot of time.
Old December 25, 2009, 01:22 PM   #28
SmokeJumper

Still around a year later - must still be a big load out 'em out there to enjoy.

The folks at 'AMMOMAN' still have them available and I see others do as well. In spite of it being a year since this thread died-off - they are BORN AGAIN!

Certainly designed for 'ball ammo' and apt to work in any 'Mil Spec' 1911 full size. Seven rounds is fine by me!

While some might consider them good for only range use, I am comfortable believing that should circumstance dictate, they will launch a 230gr round as well as any, even the 'higher priced spread'. Yes?

I sure hope so, because one of my boat-load of grandsons bought Gramps TWENTY of them with bucks from his firt real job. Smart kid -- quantity caught his eye and took a load off his Christmas budget!!

Until next year - MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL AND EVERYONE STAY SAFE!

Bumping this thread is not done out of malice. I read the warning, but since it was so applicable to the gift from my Grandson, and the fact that they are still available, I felt it would OK to pump a bit of new life into the suddenly halted discussion. If I have perhaps made an error in doing so, again please know this old coot did it with good intentions.
Old February 23, 2015, 10:52 PM   #29
georgiacatweazle

I now this is an old thread. by the looks of the magazine base plate, yes it's got authentic looking stuff on it, except for one thing, it looks too good.
the stamping is perfect. a GI mag pre 1980's would have un-even stampings.
CDNN has a bunch in stock right now for $9