The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old September 21, 2017, 03:06 PM   #1
cdoc42

Trouble getting bullets

Is anyone having trouble getting bullets shipped from Xtreme?

I placed an order Sept 9 and when questioning the status of the order, all I get is "we'll ship it as quickly as we can."

When I check the website, the bullets are in stock. I asked for more specifics and was told "We have been delayed in our shipping dept."
Old September 21, 2017, 03:09 PM   #2
zipspyder

I would demand more specifics or suggest canceling the order because that is not acceptable. Of course it depends on how bad you want them in case they do cancel...
Old September 21, 2017, 03:24 PM   #3
higgite

Quote:
I would demand more specifics or suggest canceling the order because that is not acceptable.
Depends on your situation. It is acceptable if you prefer Xtreme bullets over others (which I do) and if you don't wait until you're about to run out before you order them (which I don't). ymmv
Old September 21, 2017, 04:28 PM   #4
hdwhit

Quote:
cdoc42 wrote:
"We have been delayed in our shipping dept."
What caliber and weight bullets?

Second, they might be having problems in the shipping department. Remember we recently had two hurricanes, Hervey and Irene that shut down southeast Texas and most of Florida. UPS and FedEx stopped picking up stuff bound for locations they couldn't reach and that may have left Xtreme with a whole lot of unshipped packages it has to store until they can get them out the door.
Old September 21, 2017, 04:37 PM   #5
FITASC

Xtreme is in Carson City, NV. Maybe their shipping person was fired, had a baby, or something simple. Maybe they ran out of boxes. Point is, are you willing to wait or get mad because something isn't instantaneous?

I'm still waiting two weeks for Century Link to get my main house Internet back on after a hurricane, and two weeks for the tree guys to come cut down and remove the tree damage from Irma.

Guess it's just a difference in perspective.......
"I believe that people have a right to decide their own destinies; people own themselves. I also believe that, in a democracy, government exists because (and only so long as) individual citizens give it a 'temporary license to exist'—in exchange for a promise that it will behave itself. In a democracy, you own the government—it doesn't own you."- Frank Zappa
Old September 21, 2017, 04:46 PM   #6
Vulcannut

Freedom Mumitions, Xtreme bullets, and Reloading Valley are part of the same parent company. I have purchased from all of them. I have had stuff shipped in days and other like 2-3 weeks. Then add the week it takes to get the as it gets shipped ground like walking speed ground. This being said products are good and I have never needed anything quick so no issue.
Old September 21, 2017, 10:00 PM   #7
cdoc42

I wouldn't mind if I were to be told the real reason other than "we'll ship as soon as possible." Especially when the prelude to that statement is "We usually ship within 2-3 days."
Old September 21, 2017, 11:33 PM   #8
kmw1954

Would it really make a difference if you knew the real reason for the delay or would if just make you feel better? Could you fix the problem if you really knew what the delay was?

For me I don't need to know why, just when. Give me and honest time frame. Should I cancel and reorder at a later date or is this going to be a continuing problem and should I look elsewhere.
Old September 22, 2017, 11:11 PM   #9
cdoc42

I don't think I was looking for a reason to fix whatever problem they were having. As far as making me "feel better," no, but I would have more likely been willing to cut them a break and wait because they were being more honest about the the delay. I did finally tell them that without a more definitive response I would have to cancel the order and look elsewhere for what I needed. That sounds pretty close to what you infer you'd do. The reply was, "We've cancelled your order as you requested." That doesn't sound too customer oriented to me.
Old September 23, 2017, 07:27 AM   #10
cw308

When life is good & things are going well , the small problems seem much worse , that's human nature . A very close family member just passed away Thursday , lm just numb . Talking on this forum is helping me think of other things .

Last edited by cw308; September 23, 2017 at 04:41 PM.
Old September 23, 2017, 07:44 AM   #11
kmw1954

Well it would appear to me that by their action and reactions that the problem is more serious than they are letting on. No business wants to cancel orders that are already placed, especially for a short term problem. For them to cancel the order tells me that they have no ideas when this problem will be resolved.

They are not sharing the information as to what the problem is which may cause speculation by some or many it is still a good business practice to not share details of internal problems.

I use their product and know of a good number of others on this forum and others that use big numbers of their products. A member I know well on another forum uses Xtreme Bullets almost exclusively and probably uses about 1k of them each month has hinted that he is looking at another vendor. Why he hasn't said.

I know it can be a pain but I wish you well in locating another supplier or you may need to resort to buying from an online distributor for now if you don't want to change.
Old September 23, 2017, 07:48 AM   #12
zipspyder

Quote:
Depends on your situation. It is acceptable if you prefer Xtreme bullets over others (which I do) and if you don't wait until you're about to run out before you order them (which I don't). ymmv
"Of course it depends on how bad you want them in case they do cancel..."
Old September 23, 2017, 11:18 AM   #13
briandg

The one time I bought extreme from the site took forever, over a month, came in an unmarked box. The customer service stunk, they never answers emails, of course the card was billed when I ordered. I don't like that. They sell the same products through dealers, I still won't buy them again. I won't do it.
Old September 23, 2017, 11:54 AM   #14
T. O'Heir

"...the website, the bullets are in stock..." Web sites aren't really good indicators of anything. Lotta places don't bother to keep 'em up to date. Kind of daft considering the amount of stuff sold on-line these days, but it's common.
It's also another reason to buy components locally.
Old September 23, 2017, 01:11 PM   #15
kmw1954

Not sure how much stock I would put on "in stock" or how often they update their website. I do like those bullets that I have used and as previously stated I know plenty of people that use them exclusively.

I know Cabelas stocks them so might want to check there for now.
Old September 23, 2017, 05:08 PM   #16
egd

Buy from Rocky Mountain Reloading. Your order will come within 2-3 days. And prices are good. And quality is great.
Old September 23, 2017, 05:34 PM   #17
Gary Wells

There are lots of bullet manufacturers out there. I see no reason why somebody would wait to get bullets after their lackadaisical responses.