The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old November 11, 2008, 10:45 AM   #1
Roach300

Need help with the value of a Franchi....

My father has a Franchi Bresha (Not sure if thats spelled correct) but it has 28 inch O/U, field choke with a vented rib. Also a single trigger select barrel. The gun is all written in Italian and is over 40 years old..

Also he has a limited edition 45 Long Colt: Colt Wild Bill Hickock model with polished stainless chrome like with white pearl handels. I tried going on gun broker but was unlucky with any results. I just want to find a value for these fine fire arms, he thought of selling them but i told him he was insane and I would purchase them first. NEITHER of these guns can be found on the internet, maybe I did not look hard enough.

Any information about these two guns would be greatly appriciated..
Old August 21, 2009, 09:59 AM   #2
Unclenick
Staff

Just found this looking at other posts.

Go to the Blue Book of Gun Values web site. It costs money either to buy the book or to subscribe on line, but they have about everything listed in it. I find the prices are usually about 20% higher than you will get in middle Ohio, but that varies regionally.
NRA Benefactor Member and Golden Eagle
Old August 21, 2009, 10:51 AM   #3
oneounceload

Franchi is the maker. Brescia is the town in Italy where Franchi makes/made the gun.

Franchi is now part of the Benelli family, which is part of the Beretta family.

Here's their site:

http://www.franchiusa.com/

You might want to try and contact them - they might be able to tell you more. There's no such thing as "field" choke. If it is a field model gun, I would suspect it has either IC/M or M/F in the barrels, as those two combinations were/are very popular for fixed choke shotguns.

I have limited knowledge on your pistol, but knowing the maker would help. 45 Long Colt is the caliber - guns like that were made by a variety of companies - some good, some not so good, some extremely very fine.....
Old August 21, 2009, 11:45 AM   #4
BigJimP

A couple of photos would help - especially on the Colt.

If you have any papers on the Colt - when it was made, model, # X of how many, etc that would help tie it down. Is the Colt unfired and still in its presentation box ? Do you know what he paid for it / when he bought it ?