The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old February 17, 2020, 12:03 PM   #26
peterg7

I prefer my .40 S&W guns to be 4” double stack at least, but if I got a good deal on a .40 shield I’d buy it.

Right now I’m comfortable with a Shield9 as an EDC but would give a Shield40 a try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old February 17, 2020, 02:48 PM   #27
AgedWarrior

I would say go for it! You like the shields, all three calibers is good.
Old February 17, 2020, 03:21 PM   #28
Forte S+W

Quote:
I checked on that. You end up spending enough to make it probably not worthwhile, vs. just buying a 9mm Shield.
Really? That's surprising, I'm used to seeing ordinary M&P Conversion Barrels for as little as $89, and M&P9 Shield magazines aren't very expensive, so I assumed that it would be as easy as buying a 9mm conversion barrel plus a couple 9mm magazines.

I guess I'm just used to the simple caliber conversion between a .40 and a 9mm Glock.
I know that Balistics Gel is merely a tissue simulent, but until the day comes in which convicted registered sex offenders are put to good use as a testing medium for ballistics, it's the best we've got. Besides, Ballistics Gel is probably the closest thing to the sort of human sludge that typically requires the use of a firearm in self-defense.