The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: General Handgun Forum

Old February 15, 2020, 05:12 AM   #26
armoredman

Same as always, hot or cold, CZ P-10C.
Old February 15, 2020, 06:08 AM   #27
shurshot

"Yes, I remember that silly conversation from the kids at Glock Smyrna!
"Weak wristing!" When they finally got the main Spring right? They wrapped up!" (BRIT)

Britt, can you clarify... are you insinuating that "weak wristing"(or more commonly known in the USA as Limp wristing), is not a real phenomenon with Glocks (or other semiautomatic pistols) and that the springs are at fault??

As far as the OP saying "must carry", I didn't read that as it was a mandatory legal requirement that everyone HAS to carry, but more as a common sense decision based upon the crime rate in that State. Similar to in Maine or other northern states during winter months, drivers MUST carry extra warm clothing, blankets, cell phone, food, etc. in their car in case they break down. It's not the LAW, but just good common sense.
That's how I read the OP's post, as a common sense assumption, not literally. I may be wrong.

Last edited by shurshot; February 15, 2020 at 06:22 AM.
Old February 15, 2020, 09:39 AM   #28
Carmady

Quote:
The OP says "You live in a state where you must carry concealed." In other words, you MUST carry, it's the law.
You must be kidding.

If "you must carry concealed," it would mean that it's illegal to open carry.

The operative word is "concealed," not "must."
Old February 15, 2020, 11:31 AM   #29
GarandTd

[facepalm][smashing head against wall]

The OP made perfect sense to me. I don't understand all of the confusion.
Old February 15, 2020, 11:44 AM   #30
Aguila Blanca
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brit
The OP says "You live in a state where you must carry concealed." In other words, you MUST carry, it's the law.

That's not the same as "If you carry, it must be concealed".
Semantics. They ARE the same, and I think most readers understood the question. That said, your way of constructing the sentence is less ambiguous.
Jeepaholic
Old February 15, 2020, 12:17 PM   #31
Brit

sureshot.

Yes, limp wristing is a real phenomenon, and by holding a powerful pistol weakly, that pistol could have an operator-induced malfunction.
In my case, and a good friends case, no chance! We both had grips that could crush apples, just joking!
It just so happened that when the new encapsulated mainspring was being introduced IE the Gen 4 model 19. A few new mainsprings were sent as replacements, until the magic formula was found, in fact, that one is still in my carry pistol, works flawlessly! I never had a similar problem with any of my Glocks that had a single mainspring.

Glock showed unusual restraint in the introduction of their .22 LR pistol, the Glock 44, it took 3 years to bring it to market! Having a huge technological breakthrough in the construction of the slide, part polymer, part steel.
Which vastly increases the speed of the movement of the slide. As the .22 LR is not that powerful. As is the worldwide favourite the 9mm parabellum.

My Buddy has one the G44, I have handled it, tore it apart, but not fired it. A very clever piece of equipment.
Old February 15, 2020, 12:39 PM   #32
shurshot

I hadn't heard about that Glock / spring issue. Interesting.
Old February 16, 2020, 09:36 AM   #33
rodfac

Semantics… Some of you sound like my old English teachers. This is a gun forum for gosh sakes. We all knew what he meant...quit being a PITA. Thx for posting Doc. It’s a valid question. Rod
Cherish our flag, honor it, defend what it stands for in word and deed, or get the hell out. Our Freedoms are not free, they've been paid for many times over by heros in uniform. We owe them and our children, the best that we can do.

USAF FAC, 5th Spl Forces, An Loc, lll Corps, RVN, 69-70, Vietnam Vet '69-'73
Old February 16, 2020, 10:53 AM   #34
Doc Holliday 1950

I think that some of the Forum does not know how to read. On my response # 23 I state
"I live in Fl. where you must carry, if you want to carry," The last 5 words says it all.
This means in order for you to carry your weapon is MUST BE CONCEALED in Florida. It does not mean that you have to carry, just if you want to. I appreciate all of the responses to those who carry their weapon concealed & what kind or revolver or semi do they carry. This is a very simple question guys & ladies.

Doc

Last edited by Doc Holliday 1950; February 16, 2020 at 10:59 AM.
Old February 16, 2020, 02:46 PM   #35
Aguila Blanca
Staff

The Firing Line is a firearms and civil rights forum, not a grammar forum. Let's try to get back to the topic of discussion, please:

Quote:
What would you carry & why?
Jeepaholic
Old February 17, 2020, 05:09 AM   #36
Brit

And what we carry and why changes. Not daily, but change it does. Way back when, for instance, Glock introduced a novel new construction into carry pistols.
Steel and aluminium frames became plastic (Polymer if you will) vastly reducing the weight that hung on your hip.

And guess what, they work well. The vastling back and forth in my recent life, Glock 43X and Glock 19 Gen 4 seems to have settled in. 15 plus one won out. I do not work anymore (But we do seem to have lots to do, my wife and I of 28 years) and carting the G19 around seems to fit our lifestyle just fine.

Happy Monday to one and all.