The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old November 8, 2004, 07:50 PM   #1
the runt

Night Vison Scope

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF SOMEONE MAKES A SCOPE THAT CAN SEE 200 YARDS IN THE DARK TO SHOOT YOTES ! CAN THIS SAME SCOPE SHOOT IN DAYLIGHT HOURS WITH REASONABLE ACCURACY?
Old November 9, 2004, 12:56 AM   #2
Brick

Losing the caps might be the first step. In case you didn't know...caps makes it look like YOU'RE SHOUTING.

I've seen some night vision scopes online, but probably the best option is to attach a regular scope that you choose onto a 40mm Pitcanny rail or Weaver rail then attach a night scope in front of it.

Or a Night-then red-dot scope.

With daytime, just remove the night scope. You can read about how nightvision scopes work on www.howstuffworks.com and you'll note that night vision units are not designed for bright light and can be damaged.

Old November 9, 2004, 02:58 PM   #3
saands

I have seen night vision devices that had an objective cover with a very small aperture in it so that the device could be used in the daytime. But NVD's are NOT magic, and even the best ($$$$$$$) probably won't compare favorably with the cheapest "normal" scope for use during the daytime, so you would probably be better off with quick detach mounts for 2 scopes ... even if the second scope were really cheap.

Saands
Old November 10, 2004, 02:50 AM   #4
Brick

BTW wrong forum