The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Harley Nolden Memorial Institute for Firearms Research

Old September 13, 2001, 08:30 PM   #1
unclefinster

Gun Pic?

Folks were asking for gun pics to be posted?

How about this one.. a Colt 1908 "Colt Automatic Calibre 25". Born in 1936, this little auto still fires fairly accurate at 7yds and rides on my hip almost everywhere I go. (yes, I also keep it's big brother around as well.) You can definetly tell it's a cousin of the 1911 by the similarites in the workings.

I found this thing at the bottom of a junk box along with several other older pieces and a few old BB pistols. Used to belong to a former police chief. When I found it, it had a full magazine and one in the chamber. Many I found there were loaded.

Have fun,
pat
Attached Images
File Type: jpg colt-25.jpg (19.8 KB, 88 views)
Old September 15, 2001, 11:02 PM   #2
James K
Member In Memoriam

Those are just about the only .25 pistols I really would depend on. Most of the others are OK, but somehow I know the little Colts will work.

Jim
Old September 15, 2001, 11:43 PM   #3
unclefinster

Here's another,

This PPK is from the same collection as the colt. It was made in the early part of WWII and issued to the police.

Its marks are:
Waffenfabrik Walther, Zella-Mehlis (Thur) - Walther's Patent Cal. 7,65 m/m Mod PPK. The proof marks are an Eagle C which indicates acceptance by the police, and Eagle over N which PP and PPK's carried after April 1, 1940 until the postwar period.

This gun shoots well with roundnose ammo and occasionally finds itself as a loaner when a friend needs something.

Hope you find it enjoyable,
Pat
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ppk-32.jpg (21.0 KB, 48 views)
Old September 16, 2001, 05:25 AM   #4
Harley Nolden
Staff In Memoriam

Astra 100

This is a test photo for program use. Disregard all after good morning folks.

HJN
Old September 16, 2001, 05:42 AM   #5
Harley Nolden
Staff In Memoriam

Astra 100

The Astra 100 9mm para, 40 S&W or 45 ACP replaced the Model A-90 with similar specifications, in blue or nickel finish. Redesigned in 1993, with increased mag. copacity. Importing began in 1990

johnwill, thanks for the incoporation of the photo sessions. I think it is a real enhancement to the forum. Now as soon as I can figure out the photo album thing, it will make things easier

HJN
Old September 16, 2001, 10:54 AM   #6
johnwill

I'm due for a picture taking session of new arrivals, as well as a couple of guns that missed the previous photo shoot. When I get new pictures, I'll post them here.