The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old June 22, 2014, 02:40 PM   #1
napg19

suspenders?

Recently bought a S&W 5903 police trade in from Buds. I bought a Crossbreed IWB holster and use it with a Mitch Rosen gun belt. The weight of pistol and my narrow hips makes a drooping set-up. I can tighten belt but can only take that for so long. I looked online at elastic suspenders from Hang On and they have one that can be worn on the skin under a shirt. But I feel they would just stretch n stretch. I could be wrong about the stretching and willing to buy one to try out. Looked at leather ones and don't care for those. If I can get this worked out it would be carried now n then. Any ideas always appreciated. I will admit this is a pretty big gun to hide on the hip. Thanks.
Old June 22, 2014, 02:51 PM   #2
2ndsojourn

Check these out at Duluth Trading.

http://www.duluthtrading.com/search/...cessor=content
Old June 22, 2014, 05:24 PM   #3
napg19

Thanks 2ndsojourn. I'll check them out.
Old June 22, 2014, 06:07 PM   #4
Elkins45

I wear the Perry suspenders with a belt and I wear them against my skin. I've been doing it since shortly after CCW became legal here, so that's getting close to 20 years soon.

When you find a length that works then just stitch them or use a safety pin to lock the adjustment sliders in place.
Old June 22, 2014, 06:31 PM   #5
foxytwo

I wear Perry suspenders under my shirt that clip on to the belt, they do not clamp on to the pants. I wear my shirts untucked. I am in the same shape as you and can not tighten my belt tight enough to hold my pants properly. One nice thing about the clip on ones is that if you have to lower your pants you can just slide the clips off the belt, pull your pants back up and re clip on the the belt,no need to remove your shirt. Look on duluth trading at the guy wearing the red suspenders and you will see what the clip one is that I am talking about.
Old June 22, 2014, 07:53 PM   #6
jcwit

WalMart now carries suspenders that are good IMO. At least they work well for me.

Cost? $9.00
Old June 22, 2014, 08:41 PM   #7
napg19

Thanks guys. I will be gettng a pair of these with belt clips.
Old June 23, 2014, 12:48 PM   #8
jeager106

I have & use a couple pr. of WIDE & STRONG suspeders for CCW & certain hunting conditions.
It's obvious why for the CCW but for hunting I like to carry gear on my belt, like drinking water, extra ammo, Cell phone (off!), small flashlight, etc.
Suspenders are great fro my 5-10, 175 frame & pants don't droop, & save my back some stress.
Old June 24, 2014, 01:31 PM   #9
Grant D

My wife bought me the leather ones that hook on the belt loops which are fine for evening wear, and I have the clip on ones that I wear at home working around the yard.
But for every day use I wear the Perry suspenders over a t-shirt with square cut untucked shirt for work.
Even works well with a five inch Colt 1911
Today it's a S&W Model 36 OWB on my hip.