The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old April 5, 2005, 09:58 AM   #1
DaddyLongLegs

Odd custom gun help needed?

Now on a totally odd side ball question, and I am sure most of you will think I am nuts here. My feonsay, a rather good looking female who works closely in the entertainment business is looking to have a special custom hand gun made. Custom work of what she is looking for I have no idea on and maybe someone on here could help point me in the right direction. First and foremost she is a huge fan of Hello Kitty (http://www.sanrio.com/), yes that right the annoying Japanese cartoon cat that plagues the world and the shelves of my household! He he he. She has Hello Kittie clothing, appliances and even tattoos. You can imagine my happiness pouring my 6 AM cup of coffee from a happy pink coffee pot with a smiling cat face on it! Its ok though, she is a good girl and its her only vice. Any case, she has been shooting for two years now, and she currently carries a Glock 19 9MM. She is a good shot and has a CCW license. Now what we were taking about is moving from the polymer hand guns into something metal, something like a colt 380 or Sig Sauer P230 380 but have it completely modified to “fit” her style. She is looking to get the metal in a metallic pink, white hand grips with the Hello Kittie character on the grips and possibly some engraving. Why is the hell would someone want a all pink gun you ask? Who knows but this is all I have heard about for the past six months so if anyone has any links or ideas in how I can make this into a reality please let me know. Thanks again! [email protected]
Old April 5, 2005, 02:18 PM   #2
cntryboy1289

this has come up before

She isn't the only lady who wants a pink gun. I would suggest you look to a paint company to find a pink paint that might work. Tell them what you plan to do with the paint and ask if it will work for you. You might try Lauer's Custom Weaponry. They might come up with a pink color for you. I then would search for smith's that do custom coatings on guns. They should be able to help coat the gun.

For the grips, it shouldn't be a problem to come up with a stencil of the hello kitty that will fit the grips. You can most likely have the same smith do the grips as well. You might have to kick him to make him stop laughing long enough to be serious, but most smiths will be glad to help in any way they can. You may end up having to have an artist do the grips. Look in the yellow pages for custom airbrushing. Good luck with the project, and let us know how it comes out.
Old April 5, 2005, 02:50 PM   #3
XavierBreath

http://www.cdnninvestments.com/plaschecpint.html

Put these on a stainless 1911. No sense in ruining a perfectly good gun forever.
Old April 5, 2005, 03:26 PM   #4
Russ5924

In the the last issue of American Handgunner (may /june page 32 Pistolsmithing by Alex Hamilton he talks about making a PINK :barf: gun years ago it's a small paragraph but might get you started.
Old April 6, 2005, 07:34 AM   #5
Old Shooter

Try here: http://www.ccr-refinishing.com/hg.htm

They will refinish her gun any way you want - and they do PINK. The WHY? is better left alone.
Old April 17, 2005, 11:29 AM   #6
Northwest Cajun

This guy might be able to help

http://www.alumagrips.com/
I have a set of the Flur-de-lis grips on my compact springfield