Closed Thread

Old May 8, 2008, 02:54 AM   #26
Doggieman

um

this thread is weird
Old May 8, 2008, 03:47 AM   #27
Colt Delta Elite

Quote:
The difference is that one of them is a predator.
predator
n 1: any animal that lives by preying on other animal [syn: marauder, vulture]

Ok, but which one? The BG or bobthewelder or both?

Quote:
welderbob: I would set up in that parking lot with a baseball bat and my gun, wearing a ski mask of course. I would wait for them to break into a car then I would beat them both to a bloody pulp, grab my baseball bat and leave.
I learned that when you degenerate to the level of the perp you become no better than them, thus indistinguishable.

Quote:
Uncle Ben: They prey... and destroy at their whim, and care nothing about the harm, trauma, suffering, and pain that they cause
Which were you describing? The BG or vigilante? Quite hard to tell!

< this space for rent >
Old May 8, 2008, 08:15 AM   #28
Sigma 40 Blaster

This one took a weird turn didn't it?

We went from knowing laws to vigilante-ism. The morality of carrying is a pretty fuzzy area, everyone's values are different. Some will kill to protect their big screens, some won't and believe life is the only thing worth killing for (is that an oxymoron??).

The thing about confronting someone while committing a burglary is that you never know what's going on in their heads. They could be ruthless killers who'd rather kill you and everyone on the scene than go back to jail OR they could be track stars who intend to run at the slightest hint of confrontation.

If a crime doesn't carry the death penalty what right do we have to give that sentence? I don't think we do. If that crime escalates to physical violence upon being confronted we're talking assault or God knows what.

Ultimately, all morality aside, know the laws of your state and plan your own actions accordingly. Any other advice from others about stuff like this is pretty useless because of the differing values and perceived morality issues discussed here.

Sometimes I wonder how many CHL holders could actually draw their weapons in self defense for fear of the law or what's "right".
Old May 8, 2008, 09:54 AM   #29
pax

Quote:
We went from knowing laws to vigilante-ism.
Yes, we did.

Closed.

pax
Closed Thread