The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old January 6, 2006, 09:43 AM   #1
seagiant

Agi ???

Hi,
I put in an order over the NET for a DVD and haven't heard anything from AGI. When I call all I can get is a machine. Does anyone here know whats going on over there? I've also E-mailed,no response? Thanks!
Old January 6, 2006, 10:01 AM   #2
doubleD

I am on their email list. I received an email from them that they were hit hard with the floods in CA. Here is part of the email:

"As you may know the American Gunsmithing Institute (AGI) is located in Napa California and as you probably have heard on the News we received a huge amount of rain and the Napa River flooded. We didn’t have a lot of warning as it rained over 9 inches in less than 24 hours. And we all had trouble just getting to the office. Several employees couldn’t get here for two days.

We had six inches to a foot of water and Mud throughout the entire office building New Years Eve and it was a real mess. The water receeded in about 12 hours and We were able to get the worst of it taken care of by Late New Years day (thanks to a bunch of volunteers). We still will have to rip up the carpets, paint, throw out boxes of stuff and clean. But we ARE operational. The phones are working and we should be processing orders on the 3rd (tomorrow). ...."

I would guess that this is the reason for the slow response, do not have enough direct dealings with them to say how fast they normally are, but from other posts, they have a good reputation.
Old January 6, 2006, 10:07 AM   #3
seagiant

Good God!!! Well at least I know what the problem is! Thanks DD,I'll wait for developments!
Old January 7, 2006, 10:12 AM   #4
seagiant

Hi,
I thought I'd let everyone know that yesterday evening my DVD's from AGI came in the mail. They never confirmed my order so I was starting to wonder about it. By the way I bought the Ultimate .45 Set of 12 hours of instruction and I'm very pleased with the course,takes alot of mystery out of building the .45! Thanks!