The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Old September 22, 2000, 03:58 PM   #1
Apple a Day

THis may be extraneous but I was thinking the other day that it might be nice to have a dedicated forum for scientific data on firearms and reviews for ammo.
Let's say I take a new firearm out and chronograph it or use a new style/manufacture of ammo. It might be usefull to be able to enter the make/model of the firearm, barrel length, number of rounds through, actual muzzle velocities, number/ratio of misfires and general comments on the firearm.
I have seen posts on penetration and expansion with various firearms and loads. I think putting them in one place might not only encourage shooters to do studies but help people who are looking for info. Having a list of conditions, materials, and ranges for bullet performances would be appreciated, I think. If someone is looking at buying a new gun or switching ammo they can look at some real data in a legible easy-to-read format and make an educated decision.
I know some of this can be found by using the search feature but it requires a lot of wading through other stuff. That may take a little of the fun out of it but it was a thought.
Regards

------------------
Those who use arms well cultivate the Way and keep the rules.Thus they can govern in such a way as to prevail over the corrupt- Sun Tzu, The Art of War