The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old December 2, 2009, 09:12 AM   #1
borneoboomstick

Concealed carry holster for Beretta 93R AND for a leftie!

I inherited my dads Beretta 93R and am desperately looking for a concealed carry (if lugging the 93R can ever be considered concealed) hip holster for a left handed person (I'm just full of surprises!).

I've found shoulder holsters for a size 21 Beretta 93R pistol but being that I live in the tropics, wearing a lightweight coat or jacket 24/7 isn't an option. My dad used to carry it in a little "man-bag" type pouch which I'm not keen on as it's cumbersome and prone to being left behind.

Anyone here have any ideas where I can even start looking? Or is this just a simple case of wishful thinking?
Old December 2, 2009, 03:55 PM   #2
BillCA

Good luck.

The Beretta 93r is a restricted firearm in the USA. The three-round burst mode makes it a "machine gun" under our laws.

You might try fitting it to a holster for the Beretta 92/92FS equipped with a "tactical flashlight". You'll need an open muzzle holster due to the extra 1.5" of barrel/compensator on your 93r and the folding forward grip.

I have a standard Beretta 92FS which what your 93r is based upon. Even without the extra barrel length and extra grip, trying to conceal it with a hip holster is a challenge even with a heavy jacket or coat. Trying to concealed carry the 93r under a light shirt may be asking a bit too much.

Beretta Model 93r
Old December 2, 2009, 04:16 PM   #3
dabigguns357

I'm not sure if this will help but i have a web site i use for everything and i to am left handed.

www.packinheatleather.com
Old December 3, 2009, 05:16 AM   #4
borneoboomstick

Quote:
Good luck.

The Beretta 93r is a restricted firearm in the USA. The three-round burst mode makes it a "machine gun" under our laws.

You might try fitting it to a holster for the Beretta 92/92FS equipped with a "tactical flashlight". You'll need an open muzzle holster due to the extra 1.5" of barrel/compensator on your 93r and the folding forward grip.

I have a standard Beretta 92FS which what your 93r is based upon. Even without the extra barrel length and extra grip, trying to conceal it with a hip holster is a challenge even with a heavy jacket or coat. Trying to concealed carry the 93r under a light shirt may be asking a bit too much.
Thanks folks.. It appears it's a case of wishful thinking. I have found an oversize "fanny pack" that will fit the 93R albeit a very tight fit. This will have to do I suppose.

Tacked on a picture too for reference sake:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/borneob...ck/4155331734/

Last edited by borneoboomstick; December 3, 2009 at 06:27 AM.