The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old February 20, 2024, 02:38 PM   #26
44 AMP
Staff

I'd say that medic overcame his objections.

This is one of the points I was trying to make, no matter what convictions and beliefs you have, after the first battle people change. Some change a little, some change a lot, some change in ways that aren't readily apparent, but everyone changes, in some way.
Old March 1, 2024, 05:13 PM   #27
vito

A late uncle of mine was in the 101st Airborne in WWII and was part of D-Day and served continuously through and at the siege of Bastogne where he was wounded and evacuated. He said that ammo was very low at the time the siege ended, with no one having more than an 8 round clip or two at most, and some soldiers were down to a single round. If a sizable number of troops were not actually shooting they would have ended up with large amounts of unused ammo, something that would have been observed by others.