The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Semi-automatics

Old December 21, 2012, 11:36 PM   #1
jaytothekizzay

almost missed the boat...

Well starting in November I really started to add to my collection of ammo, as well as a couple guns. I had been planning on buying my first AR for a while now. Well after some recent events i knew I had to act fast before they were all gone. Little did I know there were quite a few people that thought just like me, only a little quicker.I started calling around on Mon 12-17-2012. Most everything was gone. By Tuesday when i thought id go look at a few, everything was gone.I called every gun shop in driving distance and checked online... Seems ARs are wiped out industry wide. Well this morning I decided to check out a local weekend only vendor, that operates a small shop at a local public market venue. I was the first customer there when he opened, and was pleased to see 5 brand new ARs on the shelf as well as boxes of every kind of magazines i have been looking for. I quickly bought the M&P and a few 30 rnd. Mags, as well as some glock mags. I thought for sure I missed my shot at an AR....... today was a good day for me

Last edited by jaytothekizzay; December 21, 2012 at 11:46 PM.
Old December 22, 2012, 06:52 AM   #2
GTOne

Nice going.

I had a sneaking suspicion things might get scarce about a month ago and made my move.
Old December 22, 2012, 08:40 AM   #3
Martowski

Nice find! I picked up an A1 style AR this week that I've always wanted; it was like finding the needle in a haystack!
Old December 22, 2012, 07:38 PM   #4
MagnumWill

I found a decent one that my LGS posted on GB. It was literally the *last* AR they had, which is insane- they typically have about sixty, with another thirty on tap for the next month. Not so anymore! They're down to just .22 AR's and AK's, and they piecemeal out whatever AR or AK they can scrounge up.