The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old August 22, 2023, 02:39 PM   #1
Pahoo

Missouri's; official State-Rifle

Was pleased to read that Missouri, has designated the Hawken Rifle, as it's official state rifle. The first time I saw one, was in the Smithsonian Insitute, museum. No touch, just look. Then about 15-years ago, I spotted one, on the back table of a gun show. The dealer was nice enough to let me hold it; What a wagon-tongue it was. ......

I wonder it any other state, has an official firearm. Been kicking around some states and what their choice might be but will keep it under my lid ......

Be Safe !!!
Old August 22, 2023, 03:05 PM   #2
Spats McGee
Staff

Well, Wikipedia has a List of U.S. State Firearms: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...state_firearms
Old August 22, 2023, 07:34 PM   #3
Pahoo

Thanks and interesting

Spats
That was pretty neat. I took a guess on a few and it was obvious as to what they chose. I guessed the Walker, for Texas. Going to have to work, on Iowa.
Thanks again and;

Be Safe !!!
Old August 23, 2023, 03:28 PM   #4
4V50 Gary
Staff

Suggestions only

Kansas should have the 1853 Sharps (Beecher's Bibles).
Mississippi - 1841 Rifle (nicknamed Mississippi Rifle)
New Hampshire - NE Fowler (gun of the Green Mountain Boys)
Connecticutt - Lever Action Rifle (represents the Henry and Winchester Yellow Boy)
Illinois - FN 1903 Browning (gun of the gangsters - many were donated by patriotic gangsters to the UK for SOE).