The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old March 9, 2009, 07:48 AM   #1
ShootingNut

Mike at Mastercastbullets

In Carbondale, Ill.
Anyone receive a reply to an emal, or a lead order from Mike?
Been trying to contact him by email to price out and order,
but no reponse after trying more than once.
SN
Old March 9, 2009, 08:17 AM   #2
DavidAGO

I've had an order in since early February; I assume with the buying going on they are way behind. I have not tried to get in touch with him, though.

DavidAGO
Old March 9, 2009, 08:45 AM   #3
ShootingNut

David,
Thanks, you more than likely are correct. My last email from Mike, did mention that fact. In past orders, he always responded by email fairly soon.
Looks like he needs someone doing that for him, while he makes bullets.
Regards,
SN
Old March 9, 2009, 05:28 PM   #4
ShootingNut

Hmmm

Maybe the loss of their wonderful Governer down there, has everything still
in a Tizzy?
What do you think Mike?
SN
Old March 9, 2009, 08:59 PM   #5
boxerrider

Got mine!

Got 1k in .45 last weekend. Not sure of the exact dates but it was around 4 weeks. I'm betting he's just really busy.
Old March 10, 2009, 06:59 AM   #6
under_dawg

I placed an order with him in early December. I ordered 1000 .3575 158gr bullets. After not receiving anything, I contacted him about 3 weeks later and he explained He was going to have to make a run of those bullets (I guess that's a not so popular size) and it would be a couple of more weeks. I waited a month and had trouble getting him. I think I sent a couple of e-mails and called. He responded back that I should have received the order already, that it had shipped some time ago. His tax man had his records so he couldn't verify how long ago the bullets shipped. He said he would ship me another batch because and file the insurance papers with USPS. I think another week went by and I called him again. His area was hit with that big ice and snow storm. He explained he'd lost power and phone service for the better part of a week. Meanwhile I bought a 4" Redhawk and wanted 1000 .430 240gr bullets. I called him and he said he would put them in the same box. I received them last Friday.

Mike was very friendly and helpful every time I talked to him. We talked about reloading and a number of other subjects. The bullets I received are top notch, and were/are worth the wait. I imagine he is swamped with orders, as are all companies related to firearms these days. I had better luck calling him than I did emailing him. I will order from him again, but I will try to do so a month in advance of when I need the bullets.
Old March 10, 2009, 09:39 AM   #7
45Marlin carbine

I had to wait awhile to get the .32acp slugs I ordered from him - he had to schedule a run of them but they are sure worth the wait and I couldn't find another supplier of.
they shoot great out of my Beretta.
Old March 11, 2009, 05:59 PM   #8
velocette

I just talked to him about an hour ago about my order for 2500 bullets of various calibers & weights. He said that he was working away on his backlog. He also said that the weather was causing frequent power outages thus stopping his production.
He's a good guy working with a hugh order load and conditions working against him.
I'll wait for him, I consider him as one of us.

Roger